The Release Manager is responsible for scheduling, planning, and controlling RippleNet's development and delivery processes, including multi...
The Release Manager is responsible for scheduling, planning, and controlling RippleNet's development and delivery processes, including multiple releases simultaneously. You will be responsible for:
* Ensuring delivery of releases on time, communicated, and documented. You will manage the infrastructure-related processes, and provide recommendations to developer team processes related to releases.
* Release Management lifecycle, including: instituting processes and process improvements, scheduling releases, communication & coordination between teams, managing deployment, ensuring supportability, and driving post mortem and incident management for releases.
The Release Manager will report to the Technical Project Team and closely partners with: DevOps, SRE, Database, and EngProd Teams to ensure releases are properly planned, scheduled, and controlled and that processes are in line with business needs and industry best practices
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead the Go-Live activities (customer UAT, go-live coordination, approval coordination, customer canary coordination) to deploy the software successfully
* Build a culture of quality around release management for Ripple's products
* Drive the implementation of a SoP for standard release readiness and implementation
* Own communication & coordination of releases including post mortems, scoring
* Work closely, partnering with stakeholder teams including: SRE, EngProd, DevOps, and InfoSec
* Identify and improve CI/CD infrastructure, and release process automations
* Continuously improve the quality and timeliness of our releases
* Identify and control dependencies across engineering teams
* Track metrics to increase efficiency and increase predictability of releases
* Build process for bugs and incidents that inform the org of progress and gaps
* Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies
* Proficient in software development life-cycle principles, including release management
* Experience in managing releases for cloud application(s) with high availability and high scalability
* Experience building engineering processes and working alongside senior stakeholders to ensure needs and requirements are incorporated
* Understanding of PMBOK best-practices and processes for Project and Program Management
* Proficiency with project management tools: JIRA, Confluence
* 5-10 years of experience working in Release Management
* 2-5 years of experience working in Project/Program management role
WHAT WE OFFER:
* The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
* A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
* Competitive salary and equity
* 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
* 401k (with match), commuter benefits
* Industry-leading parental leave policies
* Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
* Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
* Employee giving match
* Modern office in San Francisco's Financial District
* Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
* Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
* Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple enables payments everywhere, every way, for everyone using the power of blockchain and crypto. By joining Ripple's growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers' payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets. With offices in San Francisco, Washington D.C., New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavik and Dubai, Ripple has hundreds of customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.