Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trad...
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC's, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role - Quantitative Data Analyst
Genesis Trading is seeking a Quantitative Data Analyst with experience working with large-scale financial datasets in the trading realm. The Quantitative Data Analyst will focus on analyzing data to guide business and risk decisions across the firm, and will need to extract data-driven answers to open ended questions. The analyst will be responsible end-to-end for data driven analysis, including evaluating the dataset, selecting an appropriate model or statistical methodology, and presenting findings and recommendations to other team members. Strong command of SQL and one programming language required (Python, R, etc.).
- Extract metrics from large scale financial datasets involving trading data
- Formulate statistical methodologies for deriving insight from various datasets
- Compile and present analysis to business and tech leaders
- Investigate anomalies or other data issues
- Advanced education (B.S., M.S., PhD) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related quantitative field
- Experience in applying predictive and data-mining algorithms to large datasets
- Strong proficiency in at least one programming language (like Python, R, Golang, C++)
- Experience with relational and time-series databases
- Practical experience with data query languages such as SQL
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.Accelerating Momentum
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growthDiversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we're trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.