Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
Role: Quality Assurance Engineer
At Gemini, our Quality Assurance team is deeply knowledgeable about our products and product features and have a knack for comprehensive analysis from both the developer and end-user perspectives. They are effective communicators in code who aren't afraid to think outside of the box. As key partners in deployment, the QA team consistently ensures that we clear a high bar of excellence.
As a Quality Assurance engineer at Gemini, you'll work together with a team of engineers, using your programming skills to design and develop detailed and robust test automation. You'll engage in functional and performance testing with an agile methodology in mind, and in proactive strategy and investigation to test the integrity of our products and product features. The ideal candidate loves to code and loves to immerse themselves in solving challenging problems.
- Test new products, product features, and bug fixes in the functional areas of a financial exchange such as:
- Matching engine operations
- Customer accounts
- Compliance activities
- Financial management operations
- Blockchain operations for supported cryptocurrency products
- Various user interfaces
- APIs of various flavors
- Write automated and manual tests necessary to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features as well as overall system behavior (i.e., regression testing).
- Execute various phases of functional and nonfunctional testing to certify the quality of new software releases.
- Provide input as required to the planning, requirements definition, and design process for new products and product features, with an eye toward testability.
- Review other test engineers' code and test plans for completeness, correctness, style, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or alternative related field (or commensurate work experience)
- 5+ years of experience with functional and performance testing in large-scale, complex, full-stack systems
- 3+ years experience working with automation tools/frameworks (e.g., Selenium, Appium, TestNG, RestAssured, RSpec, Mocha/Chai, etc.)
- A demonstrated history of strong proficiency with programming in an enterprise-scale language (e.g., Scala, Java, C#, etc.)
It Pays to Work Here
- Experience working with financial technology, such as exchanges or trading firms
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Experience with Python
- Experience with automated mobile UI testing
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development