Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more tha...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice - our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Quality Assurance
At Gemini, our Quality Assurance team is deeply knowledgeable about our products and product features and have a knack for comprehensive analysis from both the developer and end-user perspectives. They are effective communicators in code who aren't afraid to think outside of the box. As key partners in deployment, the QA team consistently ensures that we clear a high bar of excellence.
The Role: Quality Assurance Engineer - Front End
At Gemini, our Quality Assurance team is deeply knowledgeable about our products and product features and have a knack for comprehensive analysis from both the developer and end-user perspectives. They are effective communicators in code who aren't afraid to think outside of the box. As key partners in deployment, the QA team consistently ensures that we clear a high bar of excellence
As a Quality Assurance engineer at Gemini, you'll work together with a team of engineers, using your programming skills to design and develop detailed and robust test automation. You'll engage in functional and performance testing with an agile methodology in mind, and in proactive strategy and investigation to test the integrity of our products and product features. The ideal candidate loves to code and loves to immerse themselves in solving challenging problems.
Looking For Individuals With Experience In The Following Areas
Engineering Teams You Will Partner With
- Selenium with programming language to test front end applications in multiple browsers OS configurations.
- Testing Ecommerce or financial applications (banking, insurance, payments, stocks or commodities).
- Page Object Model (POM) using a variety of techniques for object identification.
- Gemini Earn - A lending program through which you may choose to lend your crypto to certain institutional borrowers and earn interest on your crypto.
- Gemini Clearing - Allows two parties to settle a trade off the continuous order book.
- Gemini Credit Card - Gemini has teamed up with Mastercard, the exclusive card network and WebBank, the issuing bank, to offer a number of innovative features for its upcoming credit card.
- Trading platforms - Active Trader and retail based trading.
- Compliance - Focused on meeting the capitalization , compliance, anti-money laundering, consumer protection and cyber security requirements as set forth by the NYSDFS.
- Wallet - Responsible for adding digital assets to the platform, working with different blockchain protocols, and developing custody and storage systems.
- Test new products, product features, and bug fixes in the functional areas of a financial exchange through user interfaces of various flavors.
- Write automated and manual tests necessary to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features as well as overall system behavior (i.e., regression testing).
- Execute various phases of functional and nonfunctional testing to certify the quality of new software releases.
- Provide input as required to the planning, requirements definition, and design process for new products and product features, with an eye toward testability.
- Review other test engineers' code and test plans for completeness, correctness, style, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or alternative related field (or commensurate work experience)
- 3+ years of experience with functional and performance testing in large-scale, complex, full-stack systems
- 2+ years experience working with automation tools/frameworks (e.g., Selenium, TestNG, RSpec, etc.)
- A demonstrated history of strong proficiency with programming in an enterprise-scale language (Python, Scala, Java, C#, etc.)
It Pays to Work Here
- Experience working with financial technology, such as exchanges or trading firms
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Experience with Python
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development