Please send resume in Word format if you are interested in this Python Developer / Automation Developer opening in Chicago, IL 60622 (West T...
Please send resume in Word format if you are interested in this Python Developer / Automation Developer opening in Chicago, IL 60622 (West Town). All work will be performed in the office and they are taking extreme precautionary measures to prevent against Covid!!!!! Salary for this role is in the $110K-$150K range plus 10% bonus (2.5% paid quarterly plus possible salary increases) + AWESOME BENEFITS!!!!!!!!!! Very relaxed and fun office environment. Daily lunch catered!!!!!!!! Looking for candidates w/ cutting edge technology experience.
Help with automation tasks that arise as we modernize our company. Developer tasks include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling period execution of programs (cron).
- Reading and writing data through a variety of channels, including email (i.e., SMTP/IMAP), HTTP.
- Implementing and manipulating REST, SFTP, Telegram and Slack commands, and standard SQL connections.
- Designing and maintaining ORMs and converting between relational and hierarchical forms.
- Creating data visualizations and reports, including sending them via the channels mentioned above. This can include basic web pages. · Extending our web services to implement new policies and procedures. Tasks vary from day to day as needs arise. Developers work closely with financial and operational staff, as most of our automation needs comes from those departments. Developers may encounter small and immediate tasks. We would like someone amenable to come to the office three to four days a week. Familiarity with Ubuntu and Unix-like operating systems is crucial. Cron tasks will only run on Ubuntu. Simple web-based tools are mostly built in WordPress and complex ones in Python. Our primary app server is Jetty. We use MySQL databases almost exclusively.
- Familiarity with Ubuntu
- Familiarity with Unix shell in general and bash in particular
- Familiarity with concepts of SSH and port forwarding
- Proficiency in arithmetic, mostly algebra
- High skill-level with Python
- Intermediate skill-level with SQL, MySQL in particular
- Basic server and database administration
- Familiarity with semi-structured data formats (e.g., JSON, YAML, and XML)
- Familiarity with macOS
- Familiarity with Java and JavaEE
- PHP experience, especially in tandem with WordPress
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency
- Familiarity with principles of accounting and finance
- Experience with BI systems
- provided by Dice