Facebook is looking for a Public Policy Associate Manager, Facebook Financial to advise teams working on Facebook s current and future payme...
Facebook is looking for a Public Policy Associate Manager, Facebook Financial to advise teams working on Facebook s current and future payments products on policy. The ideal candidate will have regulatory expertise in emerging payments, commerce, blockchain, digital identity, cryptocurrency, and related policy issues, as well as experience working closely with product teams and other cross-functional partners on new initiatives.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be on the leading edge of policy development. Candidates should be dedicated, detail-oriented, creative, resourceful, analytical, and knowledgeable about emerging digital payments issues, blockchain regulatory issues, have strong presenting skills, and have experience in developing and executing high-profile technology, corporate and/or political campaign efforts. Candidates should be comfortable meeting high expectations under quick deadlines and prepared to lead, direct and execute policy work.
- Coordinate and advise Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram teams working on payments and blockchain products
- Work cross-functionally to support product assessments
- Advise Facebook business, product, and regional policy teams on the development of our products and policy positions
- Communicate with external stakeholders on behalf of Facebook on topics related to product design and technology
- Develop, lead, and scale policy best practices as appropriate for various teams across the company
- 5+ years of experience in public policy, law, technology, or a related field
- Project management experience
- Experience understanding the impact of new payments products and advising teams on recommendations
- Experience building consensus among stakeholders
- Experience working with and advising technical and/or product teams
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced degree or JD equivalent
- 2+ years of financial services regulatory experience
- Experience with blockchain policy issues
- Technology policy experience
- International policy experience
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at