Do you have a builder's mentality where "show me" means more than "tell me"? Are you passionate about technology, understand cloud architect...
Do you have a builder's mentality where "show me" means more than "tell me"? Are you passionate about technology, understand cloud architectures & platforms and quick to pick up emerging technologies? Are you adept at working with Customers to experiment with innovative approaches and the validate the technical feasibility of solutions?
As trusted customer advocates, the Solutions Prototyping team helps customers in creating the early iterations of products and solutions, often exploring new technical grounds. The team is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal and writing skills.
You will partner with customers and other AWS teams to craft solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of AWS. As a Principal, you will be a player/coach taking leadership while also being a net contributor to development activities. You will help shape and build prototypes covering a spread of domains such as AI/ML, IoT and Serverless. The ability to learn new technology and develop solutions that meet a high quality bar and convey business value is critical to the role.
Here are some qualities we are looking for:
· Have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging which are primarily large enterprises.
· The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a developer or hands-on solutions architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
· As a technical leader, you combine design and architecture knowledge with development capability (i.e. comfortable on the white-board and also on the keyboard).
· You will engage often in early stages of customer use-cases and also in competitive situations. Being able to deal with ambiguity, good communication and being hands-on are important qualities - you will often be the lead technical person in the room and dealing with other senior leaders from technical and business domains.
· Push the technical bar. You will have appetite and take initiative to learn new topics and experiment, covering domains such as Blockchain and AR/VR in an enterprise context.
· Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, willing to take on challenges and make a big impact.
· 10+ years design/implementation/consulting application development experience with deep knowledge of software development tools and methodologies and active, hands-on coding and application design experience
· 7+ years as lead or chief architect. Ability to lead deep architectural discussions with customer, partners and other AWS teams.
· Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous product development and deployment.
· Deep knowledge of software development tools and methodologies and active, hands-on coding and application design experience
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Ability to demonstrate body of work and influence (e.g. public repos, public speaking, Open Source contributions or similar).
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many interactive sessions, such as workshops, while acting as lead and also supporting other functions such as business development, marketing, and services teams.
· Ensure technical output, such as code and other artefacts, are packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams including marketing, solutions architecture, and support
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age