Promontory Financial Group ("Promontory"), an IBM Company, is a global leader in strategy, risk management, and compliance con...
Promontory Financial Group ("Promontory"), an IBM Company, is a global leader in strategy, risk management, and compliance consulting. Promontory excels at helping clients resolve critical issues, particularly those with a regulatory dimension.
Our unique domain expertise, combined with IBM's world-class technology, allows us to resolve challenging national and cross-border issues in banking, securities, commodities, financial instruments, markets, digital assets, and insurance.
Promontory professionals have unparalleled regulatory experience and insight, and provide our clients with frank, proactive advice informed by best practices and regulatory expectations.
Promontory is a leading strategy, risk management, and regulatory compliance consulting firm focusing on the financial services industry. Our professionals, with deep expertise gained through decades of leadership at regulatory bodies, Fortune 100 corporations, and consultancies, help entities understand and implement global and national financial services regulation and risk and governance practices, and operate effectively.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Support the evaluation and enhancement of clients' digital assets strategies and risk and compliance programs, including frameworks, processes, policies, procedures, technologies, and controls related to digital assets services
Execute project activities, under direction of project leaders and in consultation with Promontory SMEs
Review and analyze client written materials, such as frameworks, policies, procedures, methodologies, and governance artifacts.
Analyze and synthesize legal or regulatory requirements as well as industry best practices
Assist in drafting and revising client deliverables-including reports, correspondence, presentations, and written tools such as policies and templates.
Contribute to solving client challenges, developing practical solutions, and influencing client perspectives.
Participate in client meetings, such as interviews or presentations, which often include senior executives or directors of the client.
Play a hands-on role in business development, such as by helping to draft proposals and participating in meetings with current or potential clients.
Blockchain technology, distributed ledger technology, cryptocurrencies, financial services, emerging regulation, monetary policy, economic trends, transaction monitoring / surveillance
Prefer New York City Metro Area location
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 3+ years experience in consulting/accounting/law firm, financial services (particularly digital assets, FinTech firms), banking, or financial regulation
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong analytical skills
* Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear and concise analyses and recommendations
* Ability to handle complex information, solve problems creatively, and manage multiple tasks
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients, project leads, and team members
* Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and work effectively within a team
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Basic knowledge of digital assets services and mechanics, risk and compliance
* Financial crimes compliance, custody and trust, securities law compliance, information security and operational resilience