Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed ...
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
* Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
* Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
* Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
* NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The Global Financial Crimes and Customer Protection (GFC&CP) organization is responsible for detecting and preventing financial crimes, including money laundering, terrorism financing, compliance, and reputational risk across PayPal and its associated products. This position is a part of the GFC&CP Technology Strategy Enablement team which supports GFC&CP strategic initiatives and governance by analyzing opportunities, directing the engagement of external capabilities, ensuring alignment to the overarching technology enablement vision, and managing the portfolio of selected vendors to support GFC&CP's functional programs.
As the Vendor and Cryptocurrency Technology Strategy Enablement Program Manager, your goal is to support the strategic alignment, identification, resourcing, and delivery of technology and data solutions. You will also be responsible for monitoring user acceptance and vendor performance. A particular focus for this role will be on enabling cryptocurrency investigations and compliance activities with PayPal's support and acceleration in the use of digital currencies. However, you will be expected to perform similar functions in support of all GFC&CP programs as well. The expectation is to support continuous improvement in compliance and risk operations via innovative problem-solving in the combination of external and internal technology solutions.
What you'll do:
* Identify, test, analyze and recommend technology solutions and data sources to improve the customer experience, reduce costs, create operational efficiencies, and improve the accuracy of decision making; analyze the benefits and risks to customer, function, and finance stakeholders to make a business case and recommendation.
* Identify and develop opportunities for process innovation; gain an understanding of supported domain workflows, and distill into documented requirements for both vendor and internal product development teams to guide solution implementation
* Collaborate with functional partners in the onboarding of new vendors, including InfoSec, Privacy, Finance, Legal, Sourcing
* Develop external contacts and evaluate external vendors in identifying opportunities to steer PayPal towards more progressive suppliers
* Own multiple vendor relationships of high complexity or importance
* Follow the third-party management policies and standards
* Support solution adoption, training, and best practice communication to optimize the impact of resourced solution capabilities
* Complete Internal Risk, Privacy, Legal assessments, and related administration; coordinate and maintain purchase orders supporting vendor services
* Compile annual budget contributions, track vendor spend against budget, and manage to optimize ROI
* Actively develop relationships and work collaboratively with cross-functional groups and leaders internally and externally to drive results and influence resolutions; provide input to shape vendor and internal product roadmaps
* Minimum 5+ years of experience in financial services, cryptocurrency, compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination thereof
* Familiarity with cryptocurrency compliance and data tools, such as chainalysis, TRM Labs, etc
* Operate with integrity with demonstrated ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature
* Demonstrate strong and effective leadership skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment
* Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership
* Possess sound judgment, curiosity, flexibility, and agility in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
* Strong tools and project management skills, with the ability to lead others towards deliverable execution and milestones against deadlines in a dynamic, complex environment
* Possess solid analytical, problem-solving, and critical/ creative thinking skills
* Self-motivated, dependable, adaptable, and detail-oriented
* Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills; comfort with data analysis tools such as SQL, python, etc a plus
* Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
New York, New York, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .