Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most influe...
Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 140 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE and Forbes Virtual events, custom marketing programs and 32 licensed local editions in 71 countries. Forbes Media's brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit the Forbes News Hub or Forbes Connect.
The Forbes office is currently remote. The expectation will be for this role to be based out of Jersey City when that staff returns.
Forbes is currently seeking a smart and ambitious Product Owner to lead our efforts in designing and developing a new suite of consumer-facing products in the digital assets and blockchain space. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and curious individual to join a new team within Forbes that is seeking to be the premier source for reliable and transparent news, information, and analysis for Digital Asset, Cryptocurrency and Blockchain. This role will work closely with the Business Lead of Digital Assets to develop a product roadmap that drives towards long-term strategic goals and creates value for our users. They will work collaboratively across the product, technology, editorial and business strategy teams to design and build features based on user research, competitive market analysis and best practices in UX and behavioral design.
The role is unique in that it will sit within the Product team structure, but report into the Business Lead of Digital Assets.
* Ownership of the full product lifecycle: research, problem identification, solution design, product and technical specs, implementation and validation.
* Gather input from product & business leadership, competitive analysis, user surveys, analytics tools, and A/B testing to drive definition of new product features and plan product roadmap.
* Define product KPIs, actively measure and analyze customer data for opportunities to innovate and improve.
* Work with business leads to define and document user personas and customer journeys.
* Write detailed user stories with acceptance criteria and technical specifications (in collaboration with engineering).
* Work hands-on with UX/UI designers to create developer-ready wireframes, mocks and specs.
* Manage day-to-day prioritization and implement tasks of cross-functional teams working on feature delivery and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
* Communicate effectively and consistently with customers, partners, business and technical teams and maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders.
* Keep abreast of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and innovation within the marketplace.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE:
* Enthusiasm and interest in working with Digital Assets/CryptoCurrency information and data.
* 3+ years of product management experience working on web-based products.
* Experience translating strategy and research into a clear vision and roadmap for delivery.
* Passion for rapid iterations - problem identification, solution hypothesis, beta test, assess, repeat.
* Working experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Mixpanel, etc.
* Great team player with respect for others, yet able to work independently.
* Equally comfortable going deep into both technical huddles with engineers and strategic discussions with executives
* Enthusiasm for emerging technologies and trends in the blockchain and fintech space.
* A passion for data and a keen interest in Machine Learning, AI, and NLP is a HUGE plus.
* A good understanding of current front and back-end web technologies.
* Willingness to experiment, iterate, innovate, and fail quickly.
* The ability to multi-task and manage competing demands on your time.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* Flexible work culture
* Passionate and diverse teammates
* Opportunities for growth and advancement
* Competitive pay
* Company-sponsored 401k program
* Generous paid parental leave