This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupert...
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle, or Tempe)
AWS Training and Certification is passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud IT skills and careers.
Are you looking for a role that challenges both your analytical abilities and your creative skills? Do you have a passion for how training and education can help customers further their career and build their capabilities? Do you know the role that upskilling employees plays in organizational transformation? Do you have a knack for creating high quality marketing deliverables that crisply convey value propositions? AWS Training and Certification is seeking a talented and experienced marketing professional to lead our efforts to develop and deliver programs targeted at driving adoption of AWS Training and Certification across growing AWS service categories like machine learning and artificial intelligence, data analytics, internet of things (IoT), and more.
In this role you will be responsible for promoting our offerings, designing and implementing inbound/outbound marketing plans, and driving the adoption of training and certification across multiple customer segments and customer personas. You will partner closely with the AWS services teams and other stakeholders to identify new opportunities and to define the strategy for how we communicate to our customers. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to customers, creating compelling content to help customers understand our value proposition, and building the right programs to increase awareness and adoption.
This role requires the ability to deeply understand customer motivations, analyze messaging and campaign effectiveness, modify programs based on conclusions, and clearly articulate results to stakeholders. The ideal candidate must have superior communication skills, strong attention to detail, a collaborative work style, and an unparalleled work ethic. The right candidate is extremely data-driven and comfortable with planning and executing on various stages of marketing programs with demonstrated experience working effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment with a strong desire to roll up your sleeves, and proven experience managing priorities and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders.
· Own the development of all value propositions, core content, marketing, and go-to-market strategies for new offerings from AWS Training and Certification
· Work with internal and external subject matter experts to distill key benefits into marketing messages and results-oriented marketing plans
· Craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (e.g., website content, illustrations, videos, customer success stories, whitepapers, blogs, presentations, etc.)
· Use data and testing to optimize and improve content and targeting for marketing programs and campaigns
· Understand how to build positive relationships with industry analysts
· Work effectively across AWS with groups such as training and certification, marketing, business development, partner, recruiting, and evangelists to achieve business goals
· Manage multiple priorities as an independent, self-starter with excellent time management within a rapidly evolving business
· 7+ years' professional experience in marketing and/or digital/high-technology companies/products in a high volume launch environment
· 5+ years' demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content
· 3+ years' experience working with industry tools and analytics packages including email, social, web analytics, CRM, business intelligence, and marketing automation platforms
· 2+ years supporting global or multi-national customers
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
· Ability to travel up to 25%
· 1+ years of experience marketing products in data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, IoT, blockchain, or other emerging technology
· 3+ years' experience building plans that improve program engagement and effectiveness, with a focus driving engagement
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results
· Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment; IT/cloud/technology marketing experience preferred
· A bias for action for developing awesome marketing assets (e.g., website, videos, success stories, blogs, presentations, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products and services
· Ability to easily transition from high-level strategic and creative thinking to accurate, well-conceived, and detailed execution
· Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
· Strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives
· Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organizations
· Experience managing cross-functional teams and vendors
· MBA degree
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.