The Service Provider Business Development team is seeking a Product Manager to drive initiatives within the New Business Ventures team. It i...
The Service Provider Business Development team is seeking a Product Manager to drive initiatives within the New Business Ventures team. It is an exciting time in the space with all the disruption and opportunities that 5G will bring. Most significantly, there is great opportunity for the company to explore and pursue new markets, new business. An opportunity for Cisco to craft ever closer relationships with our customers, be a Strategic Partner to them as we seek to help them disrupt, transform and ultimately bring together opportunities that are in waiting.
Who you'll work with
The Service Provider Business Unit directly generates over $4B of revenue every year, while our target market segment generates over $10B of revenue for Cisco. We are in the middle of market demands and product development. It's our mission to be able to read what the market needs, wants and to identify the position to pursue and develop the right products for that space. This will include product design, user experience, go to market, and marketing.
The New Business Ventures team's mission is to identify the opportunities that lie outside the more traditional aspects of our Business, define the strategy for success, productize the solution and ultimately go to market with disruptive business models that drive material impact at Cisco's scale. By design, our work has great visibility inside Cisco and significant market impact. A highly cross-functional team, we seek to leverage technologies and products across all Cisco Business Units. We involve the best and brightest talent Cisco has to offer. Where appropriate, we influence roadmaps and partner with key players in the market to build the right solution to pursue the market opportunity at hand.
What You'll Do
You will report into the Sr Director of Business Development who in turn reports into the General Manager of the Service Provider Business Unit.
You will own at least one of the initiatives conducted by the New Business Ventures. Your responsibilities will be end-to-end, from opportunity discovery and user story refinement, all the way through to delivering optimal solutions to those problems. You will work with Engineering, Sales, Marketing and other functions to get input and provide guidance. You will engage directly with customers to refine the solution, ensure product market fit and ultimately help make the sale. Success will be yours. Your objective is to get there.
Who you are
We Are Cisco
- You have 8+ years of Product Management or meaningful experience in a technology organization, with proven success in defining and delivering solutions.
- You naively believe that we can change the world, while your deep sense of pragmatism makes you realistic.
- You are naturally curious and ready to explore all possibilities, yet ultimately focus on what can be achieved.
- You are ambitious, yet grounded.
- You are highly analytical able to break complex problems into manageable parts.
- You combine strong business and technical skills.
- You absorb complexity and produce simplicity.
- You are as comfortable exchanging views with senior executives as to run workshops with our top engineers.
- You challenge the status quo, constructively. You believe there's always a solution.
- You are a natural, confident leader.
- You respect everyone.
- Ideally you have a good understanding of the Service Provider space.
- Ideally you hold an MBA and/or have had strategy consulting experience.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
#LI-SMN1 - provided by Dice