Product Manager The Role: Are you a Product Manager with experience in the Financial Technology (FinTech) space? We have an...
Product Manager The Role: Are you a Product Manager with experience in the Financial Technology (FinTech) space? We have an exciting opportunity on our team that focuses on delivering in-depth analysis and proprietary data on the constantly-evolving FinTech space. Boundaries between sectors are blurring, so we cover them all and connect the dots in real time, tracking both quantitative impact and qualitative implications. Our content, research and analytics is relied on daily by financial technologists globally, investment banks, technology start-ups and behemoths, professional services and many other segments.
The Impact: This role is key to ensuring the successful commercialization and adoption of our product globally and growing market share with our FinTech clients, ensuring that our best-in-class story is told and understood in the marketplace.
The Career Opportunity: This team that has a track record of building and growing sustained business lines. You will work with a team of people who prize entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and execution and work together to achieve common goals and lead a pivotal aspect of the business strategy and develop your fundamental Go-to-market capabilities.
The Team / The Business: The position resides within the TMT product management team within S&P Global Market Intelligence. The team is a global one, including people from sales and account management, client support, marketing, research, as well as many other product and platforms teams that contribute to the overall FinTech and Technology, Media and Telecommunication solution.
Our Hiring Manager Says: This person would have strong project management skills, a commercial inclination and enjoy getting out into the marketplace to tell the story of our FinTech Solution. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented and results driven with the ability to take ownership and guide a cross functional team to support our strategic efforts. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on experience and contact with customers and prospects. Your ability to lead in a collaborative manner and communicate the go-to-market strategy makes you the right fit for this role.
- Synthesize ideas from internal business leaders, customer usability studies, end user feedback and competitive/market intelligence and craft them into powerful platform improvements with a focus on return-on-investment.
- Providing high-level analytical expertise to S&P clients and internal Sales and Project Development teams
- Increase market penetration through on-site visits with clients and prospects
- Influence product development by providing feedback to business managers on use demand, market practices and product enhancements.
- Building consensus and supporting product recommendations in terms of client workflow/need, usability, intuitiveness, consistency, and business goals
- Developing and go-to-market strategies for product roll-out/launch
- Identify multiple avenues for market development, including marketing channels, speaking engagements, and partnerships
- Experience in a Product Management role is preferred
- A bachelor's degree is required; preferred areas include: Economics/Finance/Business
- Strong user experience sensibilities and a desire to discover and fulfill user needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience executing go-to-market strategies
- Agile/Scrum knowledge
- Experience with financial and/or industry research products
- Strong prioritization, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills are required
- History of collaboration and shown ability to deliver results and collect and interpret feedback.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is the ultimate resource for complete financial intelligence on the broad and dynamic FinTech sector, including roboadvisors, insurtech, cryptocurrency, digital lending and others. The S&P suite of products integrates comprehensive data, expert analysis and breaking news into an electronic database that is available online and updated around the clock.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Product Manager, Financial Technology