Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Product
Our team is made up of business analysts, technical product managers, and skilled project managers. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal "think tank" that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership's technical vision.
The Role: Product Manager - Compliance / Trust & Safety
Our Product Managers combine systematic analysis and detailed roadmapping to assist in the definition and delivery of product initiatives across the company. In this role, you'll work with the Compliance and Trust and Safety (T&S) business organizations to manage the strategy for their respective products, while helping to define the scope and objectives for continuous product success. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, with the ability to balance and communicate priorities across multiple business teams and organize and maintain a roadmap that impacts internal users and customers alike as Gemini continues to scale its customer base and product suite.
* Partner with engineering and business leadership to define the product strategy for the Compliance/T&S product suite and its interactions across Gemini's product offerings.
* Own the product life cycle; start with data analysis to understand opportunity areas, gather technical and business requirements from stakeholders and external vendors, execute scoped work in partnership with engineers, and define and monitor success metrics after launches.
* Collaborate closely with stakeholder groups to understand business needs, set and manage priorities, and provide regular communications and updates as to progress.
* Manage product platforms used by a wide array of internal stakeholders.
* Regularly engage in performance analysis, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
* Create and maintain comprehensive and high-quality product documentation for use in audits and regulatory exams.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in product management
* Ability to effectively communicate complex technical solutions through excellent written and verbal skills
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing timelines
* Experience in managing external vendors and integrations
* Team-oriented, with a demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
* Proven experience driving product and business decisions
* Proven track record of shipping software products in an agile development environment
* Familiarity with architecting data flows between multiple large systems and collecting data for analytical purposes
* Understanding of financial regulatory compliance processes and/or fraud types and prevention practices
* Knowledge of and experience with:
* Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
* Financial technology, such as exchanges or trading firms
* R, Looker, or equivalent statistical software
* Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
* Experience in UX design, usability testing, and gathering analytics to turn data into actionable insights
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
* Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
* Flexible vacation policy
* Retirement Plan Matching
* Generous Parental leave
* Comprehensive health plans
* Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.