Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We ...
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover. Job Description
As a Product Manager, Blockchain & Digital Currency, you will lead the development and delivery of the Blockchain/Cryptocurrency Emerging Products roadmap. You will leverage your domain expertise in Blockchain, Distributed Ledger and Cryptocurrency to enhance Discover Global Network s portfolio of capabilities. To accomplish this, you will remove uncertainty, making it clear what capabilities should be developed or optimized and why, drive overall vision and product strategy to a coherent whole, gain leadership buy-in and investment for new capabilities and market entry plan, and work closely with internal and external delivery resources to help determine best implementation methods and schedule to deliver scalable solutions
What You ll Do
- Responsible for identification of new payments and commerce products, services, capabilities, and use cases enabled by relevant emerging technologies. Evaluates opportunities and makes recommendations to leadership regarding new products, capabilities, and services, and leads concept development and engagement of appropriate delivery teams. Represents Discover Global Network within various industries and committees related to payments, commerce and emerging technologies.
How You ll Do It
- Conduct market research and identify new payments products, services, capabilities, and use cases enabled by emerging technologies.
- Evaluates new opportunities and makes informed recommendations regarding new product development, defines product concepts and business cases.
- Provides emerging technology expertise for business development sessions with strategic clients.
- Educates product and supporting functional teams on relevant emerging technology industry trends impacting product development and market adoption.
- Provides product thought leadership on key payment standards for relevant emerging technologies.
- Selects and manages vendors and external providers to ensure delivery of the best quality services to Discover.
Qualifications You ll Need
- Bachelor s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Electronic Payments, Product Management, Engineering or related field
- In lieu of education, 8+ years of experience in Electronic Payments, Product Management, Engineering or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related field
- 6+ year of progressively responsible business experience in developing DAO/DLT, blockchain and/or digital currency products and services which included development of product vision, requirements gathering, functional design, technical implementation, developer guides and internal/external communication strategy
- Aptitude for product market fit, and demonstrated ability to find it
- Ability to be analytical and fact-based when necessary to defend product roadmap decisions, and given the changing nature of and uncertainty inherent in the digital payments space, being a flexible and creative thinker able to craft solutions to business opportunities
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas including product ownership, sales/marketing and client servicing / operations
- Self-starter with strong business acumen and proven ability to gain executive buy-in; ability to translate vision into actionable plans
- Demonstrated ability to lead large and complex cross-functional initiatives leveraging exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Understanding of distributed apps, smart contracts and cryptocurrency exchanges
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task