United States of America
HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte,...
United States of America
HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
In the Product Management role you will work with cross-disciplinary teams including engineering, design, operations, aftermarket, marketing, service delivery teams, and customers to build and execute product roadmaps and continuously seek new opportunities for growth. You will be a key player in the broader company strategy to make our products more connected -- leveraging real-time data and software across the entire lifecycle of our products from design, manufacture to in service operation and repair. Keys to success in this role include a proven ability to lead products to market, experience in Product Lifecycle Management, strong business acumen, an entrepreneurial drive and an innovative mindset.
You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to dive product development priorities. You transform those strategies into product development requirements and work closely with your agile team to deliver features and enhancements at a fast pace. You will measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, manage internal customers and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our business.
- Empathy for the customer
- Ability to understand product ideas within the context of our customers' needs and our company strategy.
- Create Product Vision and Strategy that will delight our target users and achieve our business goals
- Understand business partner needs, and advocate on behalf of business partners and their customers to ensure project success.
- Translate product vision into a well sequenced roadmap that evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals.
- Develop and refine product roadmap and strategy in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Capture and prioritize product requirements through customer research, voice of customer and usage metrics
- Set business goals for product and identify how you will measure them. Ensure success criteria is clearly defined and instrumented.
- Distill requirements into features and user stories consumable by development team
- Establish and maintain positive business unit and stakeholder relationships.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience using agile project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- PMP or SCRUM/Agile certified a plus
- Diligent, disciplined, reliable and strives for highest quality work product
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with high degree of accountability
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company as an "active listener" and then execute results
- Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams; developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results
- Demonstrated capability in making timely, difficult decisions to ensure project priorities meet critical business needs and timelines
- Experience with Agile operating model, practices and expectations
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams:
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
We'd like to make it clear that Collins Aerospace never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms