Stanley X is Stanley Black & Decker s newly created Innovation business dedicated to launching and growing exponentially scalable businesses to address customers needs within our strategic markets. We are building a capability within Stanley Black & Decker to identify and seize on new sources of growth. We are a group of innovation & business-building professionals located in Silicon Valley and in Atlanta, GA. We are looking for a Product Manager to define and own the foundation of the Digital Manufacturing platform and design the architecture to scale it globally.
Today s world of Digital Manufacturing (DM) is an exciting and fast-growing space. The DM space is at an inflection point and ripe for disruption. At Stanley X, we see DM as automating the design process from measurement & reality capture, all the way to fabrication; incorporating everything from computer vision/AI, to mixed reality, to blockchain, to IoT, to 3D printing and CNC manufacturing.
Digital Manufacturing is scaling rapidly, last year alone, nearly $XXB in venture capital were invested across YYY+ companies that are in this space. Stanley X is incubating startups to develop new digital products that will streamline productivity and on time/on budget performance of construction and manufacturing. As a part of our team, you will be responsible for helping create and develop strategy, identify opportunities, and craft product go-to-market execution plans involving the DM ecosystem of cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for candidates who want to own, build and impact the way manufacturing is done in the world around us. You will be reporting directly to our Head of Digital Manufacturing, working with our internal cross-functional teams. You will drive new opportunities for the Digital Manufacturing vertical in exploring new concepts, validating product-market fit, defining requirements and developing the roadmap. You will help in defining the problem, develop business models, go-to-market plan, and own the project end-to-end while working across strategy, engineering, design, and the core business. These products may be hardware offerings, software, or services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate the customer journey of opportunities and focus in one specific problem space
- Refine the problem and validate with outside research
- Define the MVP to be developed with design and work on quick iterations across wireframes and mockups
- Write product requirements for design & engineering and deliver the product
- Develop business models and how to take it to market--what is our competitive advantage, how do we best leverage it, and how do we protect it using either scale or IP
- Gain a deep understanding of not only bleeding edge technologies (i.e., manufacturing, robotics, Lidar, AR/VR, applied machine learning, deep learning) but also their real-world challenges in a manufacturing setting
- Present to Leadership the product strategy, vision, and roadmap
- Experience maintaining Gantt charts, Kanban boards in JIRA, Wrike, MS Project, Asana or Trello
- You have at least 5-6 years of product management or engineering experience or equivalent experience in a similar role
- You have experience in manufacturing in addition to at least one of the following fields: robotics, applied machine learning, computer vision, localization and mapping, BIM, 3D models, analytics, AR/VR
- You have a background and experience in Computer Science or Engineering and business
- Prior experience in new product development, management consulting, brand management, venture capital, or corporate development
- Agile project management experience
- Experience managing the creation of data lakes & AI services
- Experience managing the creation of mobile apps
Why work with us Solve massive problems for customers
We approach problems with a lean startup methodology, focused on in-depth user research and addressing the most critical problems first. We are a technology and innovation team that leads with voice of customer, value-based pricing and strong secondary research and competitive analysis. Visibility to senior leadership
Our team reports directly into the CEO and operates autonomously within the company. This role will report to the head of the group and work closely across other teams. Work with great companies
We work with some of the most innovative companies in construction technology, digital manufacturing and supply chain. Our partners range from Y Combinator startups to multi-billion-dollar unicorns. You ll have unparalleled access to their technologies and freedom to explore new and innovative ways of solving customer problems.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.