What You'll Do
The Enterprise Switching Operations Team is looking for a motivated and experienced individual (PLPM) to drive the overall c...
What You'll Do
The Enterprise Switching Operations Team is looking for a motivated and experienced individual (PLPM) to drive the overall cost management and product life cycle from TTQV (Time to Quality & Volume) to EOL.
As the PLPM, you are responsible for continuously improving the cost and quality performance metrics and the entire lifecycle management of the commodities/peripherals. You'll be encouraged to influence Manufacturing, Engineering, and Marketing management in determining the strategy and execution of technical solutions in worldwide manufacturing.
You are also the team leader for overall cost management and product line performance metrics throughout the product or program lifecycle from NPI to EOL.
Specific areas of responsibilities in this role will include multiple commodity/peripherals that are used on Enterprise Switching platforms.
The PLPM may oversee some or all of the following functional areas as assigned by the MPO to ensure the product cost and quality performance metrics are met from NPI to EOL:
- The VE Planning and Management
- Overall Cost Owner
- Change Management
- Execution of Supply Chain changes
- Engineering change implementation
- Responsible for sustaining critical issues (i.e. line stop resolution, CAP accounts, AVL management, manufacturing process improvement)
- EOL Strategy and Planning development with integrated product team
- EOL Strategy execution
- Risk management (multi-source tech assessment, component, cost variance, supply chain review over product lifecycle)
- Action planning for product field performance (quality)
- Drive closed-loop communication on sustaining design issues to influence DFX for new products
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting, and managing critical product lifecycle metrics
Who You'll Work With
Key Interfaces: IPT, SCPM, MPO, PE, MPa, CDO, Mfg Ops, Finance
Who You Are
You identify as a strong analytical thinker with a real passion for identifying solutions and leading change. You're highly collaborative and have a successful track record engaging with cross-functional teams across multiple geographic theaters. Your strong communication and influencing skills are key to making an impact.Our minimum requirements are:
- BA/BS Required, MBA Preferred
- 8+ Years of Project Management Experience
- Deep knowledge of Cost & product lifecycle management from FCS to End of Life
- Functional knowledge of product development methodologies (IE. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Working knowledge and understanding of different manufacturing and fulfillment models (i.e. EMS, OEM/ODM/JDM, Build-To-Stock, Software fulfillment, Country enablement)
- Experience with data analytic tools (e.g. Tableau, Smartsheet, etc.) to apply to business problems
- Working knowledge of new sharing environments (eg. Spark, Box, Jive) to foster teamwork and communication
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice