We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too...
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business?and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Product Compliance team works cross-functionally to create Compliance strategies that facilitate the launch and growth of Square products globally. These products are finding creative solutions to hard problems. Square is looking for a Product Compliance Manager to help drive the creativity and inventiveness of our Cash App, while providing subject matter expertise in industry best practices and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring that we properly assess compliance needs, design and implement applicable policies, and construct internal infrastructure to build success for Square.
* Advise cross-functional Product teams and create Compliance programs to facilitate the growth of the Cash App across all product lines and markets
* Identify and evaluate compliance requirements for new and existing international markets
* Design go-to market strategy to fulfill applicable compliance obligations for all services, including peer-to-peer payments, Cash Card, and Bitcoin
* Build a tactical roadmap and set objectives that align with product launches
* Communicate applicable risks, costs, progress, and results to all relevant internal and external stakeholders
* Evaluate partnership requirements and advocate for Square's best interests
* Design all relevant program documentation, content, and processes
* Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments in the industry
* 8+ years in the compliance industry, ideally with experience in international markets
* A strong analytical and metrics driven approach to create substantiated solutions
* Adaptability in an agile and fast-paced environment
* Ability to strategize against competing priorities and identify the important problems to solve
* Strong operational knowledge in executing a sound Compliance program
* Strong knowledge in payment regulations and/or scheme rules, knowledge of areas of Card, Cryptocurrency, and peer-to-peer payments also ideal
* Superb organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
* Ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
At Square, our purpose is to empower ? within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.