What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you'll be part of a...
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you'll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You'll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you'll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you'll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work ? and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you're always looking for what's next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to influence the global procurement application market and serve a diverse set of clients by creating a body of research, analysis, predictions and actionable advice. The successful candidate will deliver research to clients through published research, individual coaching and conference presentations. Work hours and location are flexible.
This position requires an individual that is conversant with solutions for streamlining the procure-to-pay process including OCR, RPA, e-invoicing, evaluated receipt settlement and straight-through invoice processing. Knowledge of supply chain finance and credit card processing for B2B is a plus. Of particular importance is direct experience to bring Gartner first-hand knowledge of the impact of market-leading procurement applications on the IT organization, procurement team, requisitioners, business processes, deployment strategies, upgrade processes and business outcomes.
Specific duties will include:
* Define and conduct ongoing research and analysis covering procurement application vendors, end-user use cases, and the impact of technology-driven innovations such as RPA and AI. Be able to evaluate and analyze information and then detail actions clients should take. Stay current on developments and issues within procurement applications to tell today's story and predict where the market is going.
* Present research to senior, end-user procurement application leaders, CPOs, CFOs and CIOs.
* Support Gartner's sales force to win new business and retain current clients.
* Write a specified number of research documents over the year, to a regular cadence, to deliver actionable advice for client mission critical priorities. Exchange peer reviews to improve the quality of the team's written research. Monitor client reaction to your research and strive, on a continual basis, to improve relevancy and the value of the advice and insights.
* Respond to client interaction needs through face-to-face meetings, audio teleconferencing, on-camera WebEx calls, Gartner event participation (including speaking at the event), and local Gartner briefings. Provide individualized engagement day consulting sessions for clients, leveraging on existing Gartner research.
* Comply with all internal procedures, ranging from undertaking expenses on time and sending relevant research to clients to meeting Gartner's code of ethics.
* Embrace flexibility to support Gartner's efforts to continually improve its business and stay current.
* Travel approximately 25%.
* Working knowledge of the procurement applications market.
* 10+ years of professional work experience. 5+ years of experience evaluating cloud procurement applications in a hands-on role, for example as an end-user business application leader for one or more procurement transformation initiatives. Experience implementing procurement applications is a plus.
* Modest writing ability with the willingness to learn and develop writing skills.
* Public speaking experience.
* Project management skills for timely delivery of complex reports such as a magic quadrant.
* Knowledge and interest in one or more of the following areas: The impact of RPA, AI, the Internet of Things (IoT), blockchain or third-party cloud platforms such as Azure on procurement applications. Knowledge of sourcing applications a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to piece together fragments of information, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions. Be a creative thinker, having a passion for analyzing information, and be willing to take positions.
* Be a self-starter, eager to learn about new technologies both inside and outside the field of expertise and willing to keep your finger on the pulse of the IT landscape to meet the changing demands of our customers.
* Business professional level verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in additional languages is a plus.
* A strong collaboration ethos; enjoy working as a part of a team.
* Bachelor's degree in related field; Master's degree a plus - and/or relevant qualifications and/or relevant experience.
Job Requisition ID:27016
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link:
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser. SDL2017