Silvergate Capital Corporation (NYSE: SI) is the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions and services for the grow...
Silvergate Capital Corporation (NYSE: SI) is the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions and services for the growing digital currency industry. The Company's real-time payments platform, known as the Silvergate Exchange Network, is at the heart of its customer-centric suite of payments, lending and funding solutions serving an expanding class of digital currency companies and investors around the world. Silvergate is enabling the rapid growth of digital currency markets and reshaping global commerce for a digital currency future. Challenging convention by empowering people allows us to exceed expectations for our clients while cultivating an awesome culture.
The Private Client Manager II must be professional, have strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to build a rapport with customers. The Private Client Manager II is responsible for the overall customer experience; this includes onboarding and maintaining the banking relationships of Silvergate's high profile client portfolio and strategic partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Create value for customers
* The Private Client Manager II (PCMII) creates value for high profile clients by relentless execution in the following areas:
* Client Focus
* Personal and friendly service
* Timeliness and availability
* Effective communication
* Problem resolution
* Product knowledge
Ensure risk mitigation
* The PCMII is responsible for understanding the nature of each client's business and associated risks to Silvergate. Using this knowledge, the PCMII should work with the Account Manager, BSA, and Department Management to mitigate risks and ensure that the client's activity is consistent with bank policy, applicable laws and regulations. This includes an overall awareness and monitoring of customer interactions for early indicators.
* Ensure that all documentation has been received and proper CIP/OFAC has been performed in accordance with current policies and procedures for all business accounts opened.
Contribute to increased revenue, deposit growth and client retention
* The PCMII is responsible for supporting the Bank's initiatives for maintaining client relationships, increasing deposits, and fee revenue. This is accomplished by providing tremendous value for clients, as outlined above, and by working to understand each client's business model, their needs, and progress towards goal achievement.
* Provide ongoing relationship management and service to high profile clients
* Maintain goodwill and seek opportunities to deepen the business relationship
* Apply strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet client needs
* Provides superior service to internal and external clients
* Responsible for assisting in the retention and expansion of existing customer relationships through the provision of excellent customer service and communication with the Account Manager
* Follows established processes and guidelines in daily activities to do what is right for clients and the bank, adhering to all applicable laws and regulations.
* Maintain knowledge of all documentation required to open a business account for high profile customers, including auxiliary products that customers may require such as ACH origination, Silvergate Exchange Network (SEN), FX services, etc.
* Maintain knowledge of technology offerings and act as a subject matter expert
* Maintain knowledge of wire transfer processes and procedures, both domestic and foreign, including foreign exchange conversion processes
* Ensure appropriate operating policies and procedures are executed
* Ensure optimum productivity and accuracy in regard to client transactions
* Ensure prompt and appropriate error resolution
* Resolve client complaints promptly and appropriately
* Ensure problem resolution balances client service and risk management
* Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the Bank's products and services
* Sets goals and works strategically
* Delegates when appropriate, and exercises effective follow-up
* Meets deadlines
* Manages workload in a productive manner
* Maintain current knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, along with the Bank's policies and procedures
* Must adhere to the company's core values of Challenge Convention, Do What's Right, Take Ownership, Empower People, Exceed Expectations, and Cultivate Awesome all while keeping our "Why?" front of mind. Our Why? Silvergate is the banking platform for innovators, and we believe in the power of entrepreneurs to create prosperity for our communities.
* Not to harm consumers with any act that could be misleading, unfair, deceptive, or abusive in act or practice
* Provide support and insight when escalating a client to Management and/ or BSA during the onboarding process or when a decision to exit a relationship is made.
* Approval decisions on client transactions
* Effectively communicate to Management the options and solutions to rectify urgent customer support issues and avoid significant customer impact
* Rate negotiations (if applicable), waiving fees or charges, NSF, overdraft and general risk management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* At least 5 -10 Years experience dealing with high profile, complex entities and correspondent banks
* At least 5 -10 Years banking experience in Operations functions primarily new accounts, wires, cash management, general operations or a combination thereof
* Experience with cryptocurrency entities, a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills - personal, friendly, warm, caring
* Ability to listen carefully and take notes
* Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely
* Positive attitude and willingness to serve others
* Strong attention to detail
* High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
* Experience with Microsoft Office programs and enterprise software systems
* Previous BSA/AML responsibilities preferred
BANK SECRECY ACT REQUIREMENTS
Responsible for adhering to the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, observing economic sanctions by prohibiting transactions as specified by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), following the Company's customer identification program (CIP) rules, observing all Company policies and procedures relating to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training.
Standard office environment with a moderate noise level or working remotely.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
* Regularly required to talk or hear
* Required to communicate with customer and coworkers verbally and in writing
* Occasionally required to stand; walk
* Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
* Required to sit for long periods and reach with hands and arms
* Able to read documents, computer screens, reports, other communications and have the ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Management reserves the right to add to, change and revise this description at any time. This description does not include any marginal functions that are incidental to the essential functions. Also, it does not imply that these are the only tasks to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Silvergate is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vet