Promontory Financial Group, LLC, an IBM Company is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies wor...
Promontory Financial Group, LLC, an IBM Company is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Our senior professionals have served as partners of top law firms and leaders of financial regulators and global financial institutions, including positions such as general counsel or chief legal officer. Unlike many law and consulting firms, we focus upon a single core competency: mastery of U.S. and global financial regulation. In this arena, our professionals offer a unique blend of legal, regulatory, and management expertise, and we are generally engaged by the board or senior executives of leading financial institutions to assist with their most pressing, sensitive, and complex assignments.
With offices in Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Brussels, Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Milan, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto, Promontory is able to serve clients wherever their needs arise.
Eugene A. Ludwig, former U.S. Comptroller of the Currency and former Vice Chairman of Bankers Trust/Deutsche Bank, founded Promontory in 2001. We have more than 300 professional employees, including many individuals who have held some of the most senior positions in leading regulatory agencies around the world.
These roles offer bright and ambitious individuals an excellent opportunity to develop their careers and build expertise in financial services. The individuals selected for these positions will work directly with the most senior staff in the firm on a wide range of issues and clients, which could include projects in Promontory's overseas offices.
Promontory is committed to career development through a number of initiatives including a dedicated mentor program, as well as support in managing client relationships through regular practice sessions. Promontory offers a portfolio of competitive benefits which includes generous base salaries and discretionary bonuses, comprehensive medical benefits packages (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, etc.) and other industry leading benefits that include 6 months of paid parental leave.
The Promontory Privacy and Data Protection practice is involved in some of the most urgent and pressing privacy and data protection issues of the day. Our U.S. privacy team is primarily located out of our New York and San Francisco offices, with some team members located in other locations such as Washington D.C. and Boston. The U.S. team is part of the Global Privacy and Data Protection Practice, which allows us to provide innovative solutions on a global basis. We work with leading, companies across industries including Finance, Technology, Pharma, Entertainment and Retail. Current engagements include work on GDPR deployments, post-GDPR integration, privacy governance and program frameworks, privacy notices, choices and operations, data protection risk assessments, data mapping, cross-border data transfer, third party assessments and data breach notice. We are also working on building and deploying a range of Privacy Managed Services, and working with IBM on leading technology, including Cloud, AI and Blockchain. The Promontory team is diverse, talented and passionate about its work. We would like to attract applicants who are equally passionate and enthusiastic about privacy and data protection. As part of the privacy practice, you will work within a team of senior industry figures and experienced professionals. You will be intellectually challenged and will play a role in how privacy evolves in our increasingly digital world. The Analyst position is the first step in your career with Promontory Financial Group, LLC. As an Analyst, you will have a unique hands-on experience in business development, client work, and other projects. You will be challenged to develop your knowledge in our areas of expertise, the financial service industry, and our client's business issues while building your skills in communications, problem solving, and consulting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Gather, analyze, and interpret data related to the scope of the project.
* Provide support and research to projects involving data privacy, information/cyber security and information management.
* Prepare presentations and participate in crafting other documents for the project team and client
* Prepare operational process flows, draft recommendations for
* Participate in interviews of executives, corporate directors, and regulators.
* Assist with project planning, team organization, and coordination.
* Participate in business development and in the client strategic planning processes.
* Analyze legal or regulatory requirements, including as developed through administrative or judicial proceedings.
* Review and analyze client written materials, such as policies, procedures, business processes and governance artifacts.
* Monitor and prepare reports on global regulatory developments.
* Travel as required to client sites in the United States and internationally. Time spent traveling ranges from 25% to 75%, depending upon the project.
* Performs additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
* Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams.
* Strong reputation for integrity and ethics
* Understanding of privacy and cybersecurity legal and regulatory landscape and/or strong commitment and desire to learn more about these areas
* Bachelor's degree; or
* Professional qualifications such as CIPP/CISSP/PRINCE 2
* Entry level position with 1-3 years' experience, full time or as an Intern, with organizations or functions focusing mainly on legal, privacy, regulatory, security operations or technical risk matters.
PROMONTORY FINANCIAL GROUP, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN