What you'll be doing...
The Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence Subject Matter Expert (ML/AI SME) is uniquely qualified to lead and ...
What you'll be doing...
The Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence Subject Matter Expert (ML/AI SME) is uniquely qualified to lead and direct multiple major projects of strategic significance to Verizon and global major business clients. The ML/AI SME is the overall technical lead for custom, client facing Verizon projects involving Machine Learning within IoT / Intelligent Edge Solutions.
The ML/AI SME must be a self-starter who will engage clients and drive the application of new technologies focused on Big Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence. These technologies are strategically important to Verizon, particularly as we make large investments in areas such as Edge Intelligence, 5G networks, Software Defined Networks, Smart Cities, the Internet of Things, location based services, autonomous vehicles, drones, etc.
The position is engaged during the "all sales phases and project delivery" as required to ensure an understanding of the customers' business requirements and technical objectives. The ML/AI SME engages at the CxO or senior executive level within the top tier of the strategic client base when custom design solutions to identified business problems must be developed. Client engagements are typically limited in number, and extensive in duration, due to the comprehensive depth of insight that must be captured and addressed. Managed projects have substantial revenue impact.
The ML/AI SME is expected to have hands on development experience with Big Data or Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence and significant understanding of IoT technologies. This experience will be used to direct a technical team of Verizon employees and/or external consults. At times, ML/AI SME will directly contribute to the creation of demonstrations, technology exploratory work, research new technology opportunities, and investigate industry trends.
From a functional perspective the ML/AI SME provides significant non-customer-facing contributions through activities including but not limited to:
* Acts as a team lead as well as an advisor and technical mentor to other technical project team members, particularly with regard to custom designs and solutions.
* Functions as SME both within Verizon and externally within industry.
* Supports to core Sales Account Managers by taking an active role in contributing to Sales' Account Planning process and conducting analysis and feasibility testing of potential sales opportunities.
* Represents Verizon, VES and Professional Services during tradeshows, technology events and EBC presentations.
* Conducts Application development.
* Conducts Development of use cases.
* Authors technology white papers.
* Maintains marketplace vigilance for competitive situations.
* Identifies need for enhancements to current technologies (in Verizon's catalog).
* Contributes to development of new Advise & Assess service offerings.
* Contributes to development of new Integration & Implementation service offerings.
* Provides consulting support to feasibility test potential new custom service offerings.
* Provides a consultative role on internal Verizon technologies.
* Develops training and leading training sessions.
* Nurtures and maintain relationships with 3rd party vendors.
* Peers mentoring.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science or related technical field or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with Big Data or Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
* Development experience with Big Data or Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence platform and tools
* Knowledge of project management and collaboration tools like Confluence, Jira, CrowdAround, Microsoft Project
Even better if you have:
* A degree
* Ten or more years of experience in a technical and/or IoT environment
* Experience with program and project management capabilities with success leading large, complex initiatives
* Five or more years of experience within Big Data or Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
* Hands-on experience with a wide range of open source tools with the Big Data or Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence fields.
* Strong skills in Linux, C++, Python, Node.js. Experience with microcontrollers / microprocessors used within IoT solutions.
* Demonstrated and maintained technical expertise within one or more of these major areas of technology: Internet of Things (IoT), Low Power Wireless Technologies, Edge Computing, Software Defined Networking, 5G Networking, Network Security, Blockchain Technology.
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
* Strong business analytical skills with the ability to apply business logic to design and implement data mining techniques on large data sets.
* Knowledge and interest in current and future technologies.
* Proven ability to package and sell ideas to all levels of management and across organizations.
* Experience in predictive and prescriptive modeling and analytics.
* Knowledge of Verizon's network and network architecture.
* Ability to write clear, concise reports and presentations with the capability to verbally communicate effectively; organizational and documentation skills.
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team in a fast changing environment with changing priorities, changing time constraints, across multi-tasks.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.