Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate tran...
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit
We are well known for our excellence in Title Insurance and Escrow Services. We're continually investing in our future, how we work and what we build. Be part of a transformative team that will shape the future as we envision, design and develop our next generation technology solutions. We're looking for an experienced Principal Architect to lead the technology strategy in our Enterprise Innovation team. This is a key role influencing the direction of tech innovation and emerging technologies in a high-growth FinTech industry. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of tech innovations with a strong engineering team to back the potential products. You will lead the engineering team to test cutting-edge market ready technologies while innovating and incubating custom developed solutions. While doing so we want to envision the most exciting future and solve the problems that matter most. Join us if you are driven by curiosity and have passion for leveraging technologies to improve business operations.
As a key member of the Emerging Technology/Innovation team you will lead the research, incubation and development of technology solutions leveraging existing and new edge technologies focused on short iterations to test and learn. You will lead the design and development of your team's lab space and tech stack while also identifying external partners needed to strengthen the team's toolset. You are surrounded by peers and colleagues with strong technical fluency with a passion to find new ways to deliver results to our customers...faster, cheaper and with high-quality. We are heavily invested in AI/ML, big data, cloud, Intelligent/Hyper Automation technologies and are committed to leveraging tech to push us forward in our Digital Transformation journey. If you are a technologist who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous space, look no further!
Blockchain, artificial intelligence and machine learning, microservices architectures and are within our solution set, as well as agile development, product management, design thinking and human-centered design approaches. You will thrive inside a dynamic work environment that empowers your ability to explore emerging technologies, changing the way financial/real estate industries do business and driving the technology change in the company.
*This is a remote position. Candidates on Pacific Timezone hours are encouraged to apply.
Day To Day Responsibilities
- Must have cloud-based infrastructure and architecture solutions, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Expertise with modern, Agile-based application development methodologies and emerging technologies like microservices, API management, web-scale architectures, DevOps engineering, container-based delivery, cloud automation, TDD, BDD, continuous integration (CI), and CD.
- Experience in collaborating and working alongside executive-level and senior-level partner stakeholders
- Proven success facilitating software design and ideation sessions
- Demonstrated understanding of relational and NoSQL database models, and "big data" analysis tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of Blockchain-based technologies, business applications, languages and design patterns
- 10+ Overall Years of Experience
Degrees Or Certifications Required
- Lead the technical solution for the team's proofs-of-concept, prototypes and eventual end products or solutions.
- Team up with stakeholders, third-party partners, Fintechs, software vendors, and academia to design and build innovative prototypes and solutions that tackle real-time issues and advance the core of how we do business.
- Regularly take abstract, early-stage product or solution concepts, and build them with technology.
- Work along a strong design thinking team, and be an expert in using technology to advocate for the customer.
- Facilitate software ideation and design sessions to rapidly identify solutions, align stakeholders and drive timely and achievable results.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, math, engineering, MIS, or equivalent experience; related field
- Master's degree
- Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Experience with data analysis and using data visualization tools to describe data
- Understanding of big data and real time streaming analytics processing architecture and ecosystems
- Experience with Datalakes, data warehousing architecture and implementation, including MPP, data streams, and experience with source to target mappings and developing ETL code
- Software development experience in relevant programming languages (i.e. .Net, C#, Java, Python, Scala, Node.js, SQL)
- Thorough Knowledge of open API Specification, REST, API designs, Security and implementation
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers. - provided by Dice