Who we are looking for
Charles River Development (CRD) based out of the Burlington (MA) office is hiring Principal level Engineers (VP level...
Who we are looking for
Charles River Development (CRD) based out of the Burlington (MA) office is hiring Principal level Engineers (VP level) to joi n our well - established group and help drive product development initiatives. This is an opportunity to work within a very strong, senior level engineering team and help to develop challenging new products in the financial space.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front - to - back platform - Sta te Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challe nge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
What we value
- As a Principal level Software Eng ineer you will Influence and impact the architecture, standards, and design of key product initiatives for applications in Java services
- Build the next generation of CRD products
- Contribute as a Sr. Individual contributor within a team of top engineers
- Wor k in a dynamic, fast - paced, Agile team environment
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Manages to create simple and sustainable software solutions for complex problems
- Provide mentoring to junior and senior staff
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Extensive Java n - tier application experience
- Demonstrated experience with compiler design, optimizers, solvers, code generation, and semantic analysis
- Strong SQL skills with considerable experience in Oracle or SQL Server
- Strong with OO design and development
- Experience with logic programming is preferred
- Experience with Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or Cognitive Computing is a plus
- Experience with developing applications for the financial markets is a plus (Fixed Income, Trading, Compliance, FX, Risk, Portfolio/Wealth Management, Market Data, FIX, etc.)
- 7 to 10+ years of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi - tier solutions
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Strong track record of building high performance, production quality software on schedule
- Professional Java development experience, core Java and Multithreading
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickl y to changes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector (Math background highly desirable)
About State Street What we do.
- Has played a key role in developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non - technical customers in vertical markets
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helpi ng our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to cre ate a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help y ou match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective ar e a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and person al life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers