We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer to be an integral part of a team working to strategically apply Blockchain technologi...
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer to be an integral part of a team working to strategically apply Blockchain technologies to new and innovative business areas, resulting in high-throughput transaction systems at global scale. If you want to work on extremely challenging technology problems of global scale, then this is the role for you!
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for:???
* Architecting and designing new system features and rapidly crafting innovative solutions to challenging problems
* Creatively applying algorithms and data structures to achieve optimal performance and efficiency across a variety of problem domains
* Technical leadership and mentoring in one or more areas of expertise
* Software component implementation for the deployment of a global blockchain system supporting a high volume of transactions
* Prototyping and proof-of-concept experiments to prove out design decisions
* Understanding a broad set of customer use cases and designing software features to meet system requirements
* Software testing at all levels (unit, module, component, system, etc.)
* Data analysis and visualization to test hypotheses related to system behavior
* Working collaboratively with a cross-discipline team in a fast-paced, agile environment
About the Team???
Akamai Labs is expanding its team with a mission to strategically apply blockchain technology to business requirements for a highly available, high throughput, highly secure transaction system.
Required Education and Experience???
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:???
* 12 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree or???
* 5 years of relevant experience and a PhD ??????
* 10+ years of experience with at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Go, Java or Python
* 7+ years of experience with common Internet protocols (TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS)
* 5+ years of experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases
* 5+ years of experience working on Linux/Unix platforms
* 5+ years of experience designing, implementing and deploying blockchains, distributed systems, real-time Systems, or something similar
* Experience designing, implementing and deploying a blockchain, cryptocurrency or something similar
* Experience with real-time computing software or hardware platforms
* Experience modifying and extending the Bitcoin core or related codebase
* Contribution to open source cryptocurrency projects
* Expertise in cryptography, especially the mathematics behind cryptocurrency
* Experience in banking and financial transactions
* Site reliability engineering and/or related work including service performance
* Experience building scalable servers or distributed systems
* Proven track record of delivering large amounts of high quality, complex code
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision
* Extensive experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, results oriented environment
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.