Our client, a technology and design company, is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis. Ideal can...
Our client, a technology and design company, is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis. Ideal candidates will have hands-on experience working with startups, specifically in the FinTech industry. This individual will be expected to provide technical leadership and implement guidance that sets the tone for the entire engineering team.
- Design, architect and implement large chunks of our stack's technology
- Guide your team members in navigating technical issues
- Provide technical guidance to business, design, and other nontechnical teams
- Set standards, levels and best practices for the Engineering team as a whole
- Advocate for technologies, systems, and ways of working to better empower our whole engineering organization
- 8+ years' experience developing client/server software in a dynamically-typed languages (Node, Python, Ruby) or other modern environments (Go, Rust, Elixir, etc)
- 5+ years' experience developing cloud-based software on AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and production-facing relational databases
- Strong experience optimizing & performance profiling server-side applications
- Good collaboration skills & the ability to work well with product, design, or other cross-functional teams
- Fintech or cryptocurrency experience, especially at a venture-backed startup
- Experience using GraphQL for client/server (Apollo, Graphene, etc.)
- Experience with data privacy & implementing application security best practices
- May be tasked with lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., if able to do so.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and walk/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to bend at the knees and waist frequently
- Must be able to repetitively use a telephone and a computer mouse and keyboard.
All employment is contingent on candidates passing a background check and providing at least two positive professional references from prior managers.
We are looking for local candidates only. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
To apply for this position please visit our website at , and click on "Looking for Work".
Thank you for your interest. Please understand that only qualified candidates will receive a response.
PsiNapse Technology, a national, workforce augmentation and solutions firm, offers competitive compensation, professional service, and customized benefits to qualified temporary and career professionals looking for employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual-orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other protected category.
- provided by Dice