What you?ll be doing...
Verizon is adding an API Engineer to our managed security services team. You will support F500 customers and help t...
What you?ll be doing...
Verizon is adding an API Engineer to our managed security services team. You will support F500 customers and help to drive PKI product strategy and initiatives. This is an opportunity to work with the Verizon Security Services teams that are operating on the cutting-edge of information security. You, working with peers across the organization, will provide Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) application and API support to the global operations teams. As part of this role, you will work directly with our product management and IT development teams on complex bug and feature support along with working with our senior operations engineers on deployment and integration tasks.
- Service support and maintenance for Advanced Authentication technologies in both a managed and non-managed services environment with focus on Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) & Blockchain solutions.
- Perform customization of front-end applications for clients integrating authentication products into their environment.
- Oversee all aspects of software delivery and interoperability testing for clients PKI-enabling custom applications.
- Ensure that deliverables meet specifications and quality requirements, as well as compliance with security policies and export/import regulations.
- Sustain engineering effort: all phases of communication with the customers, represent operations in bug and feature review calls with product management and development and prioritizing bug and features as per agile methodologies.
- Identify new features and requirements in support of our managed and on premise customers.
- Evaluate current product documentation and updates existing operational documentation to ensure consistency of service documentation and service readiness.
- Provide expert and creative solutions for problems reported on Verizon Products to ensure external and internal customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Research, develop or recommend, and test diagnostic tools and aids for improving diagnostic capability relative to developer tool set.
What we?re looking for...
You?ll need to have:
- Bachelor?s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of experience in a DevOps or sustaining engineering role.
- Knowledge of 2 or more of the following protocols: X.509, PKCS, OCSP, LDSAP, OpenSSL, S/MIME, IPsec, LDAP.
- Experience with RESTful API.
- Must have Linux cli experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Master?s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Five or more years of experience with java development/be able to read/write/modify java code, conduct code review, troubleshooting and support custom applications PKI product experience such as UniCERT, RSA, Sixscape, OpenXPKI, Entrust, DigiCert etc.
- CISA, CISSP, or SANS security certification(s).
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- ITILv3 Certification.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web integration.
- Basic Oracle knowledge: Database Admin, SQL.
- Apache/Tomcat knowledge.
- Hardware Security Modules.
- Knowledge of network security and secured network protocols.
When you join Verizon...
You?ll have the power to go beyond ? doing the work that?s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you?ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we?ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
- provided by Dice