Who we are
Cisco's Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco's fastest growing teams, and the CX Product Po...
Who we are
Cisco's Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco's fastest growing teams, and the CX Product Portfolio Development (PPD) group is transforming how Cisco thinks about delivering value to our customers & partners via our product portfolio. The CX Engineering organization is the team that is in the epicentre of developing modern, cloud native technologies for the Product Portfolio Development group in support of the evolving CX Product portfolio. In this time of unprecedented change, we are looking for top talent to lead high performing, distributed engineering teams that will redefine success for Cisco and our customers.
What you'll do
This role is core to CX Portfolio Product Development's (CX PPD) vision and strategy of building technologies and software that deliver the industry's best customer experience while at the same time helping customers embrace and operationalize their Cisco technology investments. CX PPD Engineers are the heart and soul of our organization, and this technical leadership role is own the team in delivering a scalable, responsive and compelling user experience to our customers through our world-class, cloud native, always-on technology platform.
The Principal Engineer - UI is a trusted member of the CX Engineering leadership team. You will set and execute a strategy that moves CX PPD towards a cloud-native, modern architecture across our portfolio. In doing so, you will improve delivery predictability, quality, scalability and reliability, while helping our engineers build a career at Cisco. You will be seen and recognized as a thought AND practice leader, who not only establishes and scales best practices, but also demonstrates craftsmanship as an engineer & architect.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Who you'll work with
- Architect, develop and deliver highly scalable, world-class, and responsive user experience across our portfolio.
- Partner with the senior architects to shape the architecture across our cloud platforms.
- Lead efforts to plan and design for consistent and scalable UX/UI architecture across our portfolio.
- Work very closely with the experience Design team and product owners/managers to realize the product vision and drive its implementation with a specific focus on UI.
- Engage with engineering teams across the CX engineering organization to establish and live standard methodologies in UI development across our portfolio.
- Keep abreast of where the industry is going in terms of responsive and compelling user experience and carry the CX engineering teams along that journey.
- Engage with extended engineering teams across CX and Cisco Engineering organization to ideate and co-develop technology capabilities in support of the CX strategy.
- Collaborate with teams across Cisco sites (San Jose, RTP, Bangalore) in driving employee technical proficiencies and methodologies to be the best in the industry.
- Empower, nurture and build deep technical leadership.
- Recruit best in class engineers to increase the bench strength of the organization and transform the skillset of the organization as a whole.
Residing in the CX Engineering organization, you will work with peer teams within the CX engineering organization to architect, develop and deliver best in class SaaS to our customers. You will work with peer teams in Product Management, Operations, CTO office and experience Design to create the world's best customer experience for our customers, partners and delivery engineers. Every day and every interaction will be unique, but you will likely engage with a diverse representation of engineers, product owners, product managers, business units, IT and CX leadership.Who you are
- Experience in having led UI technology strategy and development at large scale distributed cloud native technology stacks with thousands/millions of active users.
- 10+ years performing technical leadership roles in cloud-native organizations, preferably in product development organizations.
- 5+ years driving technical architecture & UI strategy at the enterprise level
- Prior expertise in standing up or driving community co-development initiatives within your company or across companies
- Experience in partnering with teams to practice a culture, discipline of delivering a high-quality product and promote the values of unit tests, integration tests and CI/CD automation
- Strong understanding of architectural principles for SaaS based capabilities; eco-system for co-innovation
- Extensive Experience with:
- Deep knowledge of Angular JS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive experience
- HTML/CSS, including concepts like layout, cross browser compatibility, security, and accessibility.
- Test automation for UI and distributed, global scale/performance testing
- API frameworks, User session management and application debugging
- Enterprise integration architectures such as SOA, RESTful, ETL
- Data analytics environments such as Hadoop, Sparks, MapR etc
- One of more Cloud platforms including AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage, interface and influence engineering partners.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
#LI-CD1 - provided by Dice