What you ll be doing...
Verizon Labs is looking for an innovative and driven Engineer with experience in implementation and production depl...
What you ll be doing...
Verizon Labs is looking for an innovative and driven Engineer with experience in implementation and production deployment of data networking products. Besides sustenance of current products that provide data services to millions of people in Verizon s Wireless Network we are exploring next-generation products and software solutions that will leverage Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) architecture frameworks as well as technologies like 5G, and Blockchain.
Thus, in this role besides understanding the technologies that are currently used one can expect opportunities for acquiring new skills and developing an understanding of new cutting edge technologies.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Linux, application development in C++, as well as exposure to multiple aspects of cloud technology. This role requires the ability to adapt to change, continuously improving the services we offer.
What we re looking for...
- Responsible for all aspects of management, administration, and support of Verizon's Internet Services Platform Linux based infrastructure.
- Applications design and development with higher level languages and tools.
- Maintain Linux Kernels and fine tune the parameters for network optimization.
- Assist other teams in platform related design queries.
- Act as escalation point for internal and external support departments in resolving a wide variety of customer facing issues regarding environment deployment, service issues, and technical questions.
- Consistently meet deadlines for complex issues and new projects involving multiple teams.
- Demonstrate best practices of software industry.
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation for internal procedures and services.
- Must collaborate with other departments to resolve complex issues and be detail oriented.
- Explore newer technologies.
You ll need to have:
- Bachelor s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux systems in a production environment.
- 5+ years of application development in languages like C++/Java.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts, familiarity with TCP/IP, VLAN.
- Ability to automate solutions for repetitive problems/tasks.
- Working experience with scripting like Bourne shell, Python.
- Demonstrative written and verbal communication skills to audiences with a wide variety of technical knowledge.
- Very strong troubleshooting skills towards root cause analysis and practical issue resolution.
- Strong understanding of universal network services (DNS, HTTP, email, Samba, LDAP, MySQL).
- Understanding of Distributed computing.
- Understanding and experience of virtualization based on Docker containers.
- Know-how of one or more database technologies like Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL.
- Experience using automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) to deploy and configure environments.
- Understanding of Linux Internals.
- Understanding of technologies such as Edge Computing, Blockchain, Microservices.
- Understanding of cryptography (PKI).