Ripple is the world's only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders....
Ripple is the world's only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented Principal engineer to help build the next generation payment platform that enables banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripple's distributed financial technology outperforms today's banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
The Principal Software Engineer will help lead the design of the next generation of payment applications that enable banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripple's distributed financial technology outperforms today's banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery. As Ripple's customer base grows globally, the Principal Engineer will drive the move to a highly available cloud deployment, processing fast and resilient payments.
What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Work with wider engineering team on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of core products
- Provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement of Platform Service Composability and availability
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc. to improve organization-wide visibility into how distributed systems interact and perform in production
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, legal, and business development to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
- Be a technical subject matter expert and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
What We Offer
- 12+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 5-7+ years in Java
- Experience with Agile development and shipping customer facing features / built highly scalable platforms / distributed systems
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains)
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage engineering best practices in the organization
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge - the go-to person on the team for small and large questions
- Ability to thrive on autonomy and responsibility
- A desire to get the best out of everyone on their team
- BS in Computer Science or similar
Who We Are
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco's Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.