Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of produ...
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
*Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.*
Our mission is to inspire & enable developers to build amazing apps & services on top of the enterprise-grade Oracle Cloud platform. We do this through working with (and coding with ) developers in our customers, partners, and open source communities, while also creating world-class coding examples, demos, content, and videos that highlight Oracle s Cloud platform capabilities, and how developers are innovating on our platform.
The Oracle Cloud helps developers rapidly build and deploy modern, rich, API-first, mobile-first, cloud-native applications on top of an enterprise-grade cloud platform. We are looking for outstanding Developer Advocates who want to help us grow a large, vibrant developer ecosystem around this world-class platform. Our objectives are to win the hearts and minds of developers, drive developer advocacy, nurture & inspire innovation, while growing our developer communities.
In this role you will promote awareness and platform adoption through coding with our customers, partners and communities, engaging through our developer programs, speaking and participating in developer and community events, and building trusted relationships within the ecosystem. As a Developer Advocate you will also be the champion of developers interests within Oracle, synthesizing valuable feedback around technical blockers and/or dev preferences for our product teams to help create the next generation of developer-focused products & platforms. This will be a multidimensional role and will provide a great opportunity to work independently, innovate and drive change.
Successful applicants will be expected to leverage Oracle s next-generation technologies to demonstrate how developers and organizations can develop compelling and innovative solutions. Individuals with fresh ideas will rely on a wide area of technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, natural language processing (NLP), Intelligent Chat Bots, Docker and Kubernetes, Linux and infrastructure automation (Terraform), Blockchain, as well as core development skills and practices for modern software development (experience developing on any of the following is an added plus - AWS, Azure, and GCP).
* Champion the capability of Oracle s technologies in an engaging and fun manner through live or online demos, live coding, and hackfests
* Deliver articulate, effective, and audience-appropriate technical presentations/ demonstrations with technically oriented content at various events to both small and large audiences.
* Write and drive high-quality technical content that helps developers get started quickly and easily, while building familiarity with our platform (reference examples, code samples, videos, blogs, podcasts, etc.)
* Build and maintain relationships with developer communities and community influencers. Stay up to date on the needs and relevant pain points felt by enterprise developers and understand how to best address these challenges on our Cloud platform.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge in the relevant cloud-service areas, specifically around application development and deployment for the cloud. Continue to build experience and knowledge on best practices in developing for the Cloud, including coding level knowledge of how to build on AWS/Azure/GCP (at least one of these platforms).
* Quickly pick up and build hands-on experience with new Cloud-related technologies (Oracle-specific or from the open source communities)
* Work closely with Oracle HQ Product Management and Engineering teams by being the voice of developers within Oracle, synthesizing developer feedback effectively and efficiently.
* Maintain a respectful and credible presence on social media (Twitter/Facebook/Reddit), on GitHub, and on StackOverflow by consistently engaging with developers .
* Passion for working in the developer ecosystem and an innate desire to enable positive developer experiences
* Enjoy coding with devs of all types.
* Experience building and engaging developer communities
* Have previously delivered high quality code samples and documentation that others use to successfully onboard and build on a platform
* Track record of pursuing self-directed side projects, research, or contributing to/leading open source projects
* The ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools (Oracle specific knowledge is a plus)
* Working knowledge of at least one major vendor s cloud platform
_Experience in some or all of the following:_
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Terraform, Jenkins, Git
- Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Agile)
- Experience with modern development frameworks (cloud-related a plus)
- Linux, shell scripting
_Other Preferred Qualifications:_
* Confident and successful in conducting developer engagements so one can act as a trusted advocate of Oracle s Cloud
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
* English language fluency (verbal and writing). Fluency in another major language would be considered an added asset (Spanish/Chinese/Portuguese).
* Bachelors or Masters, ideally in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Advanced degree would be considered an added asset.
* Flexibility regarding work schedule and travel
* 3-5 years of experience in an evangelist or advocate role
_This is a remote/WFH position from any US mainland location that is close to a major international airport._
**Job:** **Product Development*
**Title:** *Principal Developer Advocate / Evangelist - Oracle Cloud*
**Location:** *United States*
**Requisition ID:** *180011RT*