Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Data
Data is central to all of our business functions and drive many of our most important decisions at Gemini. As a result, the analysts, scientists, and engineers that make up the Data team are uniquely positioned to advise and influence cross-functional projects. These projects cover a wide-range of topics including product strategy, user acquisition and journey, cryptocurrency performance and project development, and crypto's position as a technology, industry, and asset class within the context of the global financial markets at large.
The Role: Principal, Data Governance
Gemini is growing and our data needs are growing as well. We are looking for a leader in the space of data governance who will shape our data governance program. You will leverage your experience and communication skills to create, communicate and enforce the Data Governance strategy. You will be working very closely with our data leaders, data Engineers, analytics engineers, data scientists, security team and the risk team. Your work will contribute significantly to reassuring data trust, improve productivity and efficiency of our organization.
* Collaborate, create, implement, communicate and maintain Data Governance strategies, policies, roadmaps and relevant documentation.
* Work with the Data team managers and engineers on the future data strategy.
* Provide technical and architecture guidance and at the same time provide maintain solid understanding of the technology solutions used by the data team.
* Innovate, develop and/or implement tools and solutions to stay ahead and more than meet the data governance regulations across the globe as Gemini expands its business lines.
* Validate the data team is in compliance with the Governance policies of the organization and be the point of contact for internal and external auditors and stakeholders.
* Drive the identification of core and reference data points, create discoverable data catalog and implement Master Data Management.
* Guide the team on establishing internal controls and processes, automate reconciliations, assist in the creation of continuous validation and data quality checks, and ensure high quality metrics are reported to stakeholders.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
* Around 10 years of experience with focused on Data management or governance.
* Experience in data warehousing, data architecture, analytics and other relevant data governance technologies.
* Skilled in programming languages like Python, Java/C++/C# and SQL
* Experience with one or more big data tools and cloud data solutions technologies like Snowflake, Databricks, S3, Hadoop, Spark is a plus.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to clearly articulate and present to senior leadership, internal and external auditors is a must.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
* Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
* Flexible vacation policy
* Retirement Plan Matching
* Generous Parental leave
* Comprehensive health plans
* Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.