Job Scope: Responsible for data governance frameworks such as establishing standards, creating the business data catalog, defining data owne...
Job Scope: Responsible for data governance frameworks such as establishing standards, creating the business data catalog, defining data ownership, creating data lineage maps, defining metadata, defining quality KPIs and improving data quality and developing a culture of accountability and continuous improvement. Also, responsible for event driven and self-service data architectures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Defines the vision, strategy, and principles of data management under the guidance of Data Governance leadership to support corporate strategies and priorities. Ensures data-related projects align with the data architecture and business goals and adhers to applicable standards and policies.
* Defines standards for naming, governing, managing, modeling, transforming, storing, searching, and delivering data within the enterprise. Establishes end-to-end data architectural accountability for defining and refining enterprise architecture for the data governance framework.
* Proposes and governs proof of concepts for new technologies which could result in differentiating data architecture capabilities.
* Guides, develops, and delivers documentation and data models that guide project software development teams. Provides solutions for the enterprise data warehouse, reporting, applications, and other data-related initiatives, including event driven and self-service frameworks.
* Defines data standards/reference architectures for use by project teams in developing technical designs. Collaborates with business units to establish and validate data design requirements.
* Produces data architecture standards and policies that guides data development, business intelligence, and report development. Defines and validates performance and scalability requirements-based testing.
* Reviews business cases and initiatives and identifies, assesses, and reports on architecture feasibility, costs, and issues. Consults on data architecture issues to promote the accurate and secure use of data and recommends updates to data architecture based on evolving Data Warehouse/business intelligence (BI) needs.
* Manages metadata repositories for the data warehouse which includes data models, data dictionaries, data lineage, and data quality controls to keep pace with business development and technology modernization. Evaluates data architecture artifacts to keep them current, accurate, relevant, and accessible.
* Performs code reviews for data development and advises data team members and application developers with respect to data development practices. Reports development and business intelligence efforts to align with data architecture standards, policies, and procedures.
* Performs technical analyzes and supports ad-hoc and standard reporting, business information requests, and other data-related items as needed.
* Follows prescribed legal guidelines and requirements.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
Fifteen years of experience with data architecture and technology infrastructures, data governance, event driven and self-service architectures and with managing data quality operations that standardizes data definitions, maintenance and quality metrics, and expertise in system design and development experience is required. Must have a strong understanding of data warehouse, data governance, MDM, and metadata architectures. Must have expert knowledge of traditional relational databases and related technologies such as Oracle, MySQL or SQL*Server and Big Data frameworks, including cloud-based databases such as BigQuery. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must have proven ability to collaborate with others to understand and complete project goals. Must have excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present complex concepts in a succinct manner. Must have excellent time management and decision-making skills and be able to prioritize and organize tasks and projects. Must have strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing timelines effectively. Must have proven ability to identify, analyze, and recommend solutions to complex problems. Must be able to pay attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and works effectively and collaboratively across various departments to meet goals and deadlines. Must have significant leadership experience with the ability to exercise good judgment and make key timely decisions.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field or any combination of education and/or experience based on the table above is required.
Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods at a time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is company policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah's ski slopes, Overstock is an original resident of "Silicon Slopes", one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We're a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
* 401k (6% match)
* Flexible Schedules
* Onsite Health Clinic
* Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
* Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
* Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
* Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
* Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
* And More…
* Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Back to Overstock Careers