Principal Consultant * Business Intelligence
Bennett Adelson is a Cleveland based, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, with over two decades ...
Principal Consultant * Business Intelligence
Bennett Adelson is a Cleveland based, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, with over two decades of Microsoft solution experience. We specialize in the implementation of collaborative solutions, IoT and intelligence solutions using Microsoft technology including SharePoint, Office 365, Azure and PowerBI. Our company is passionate about technology and high client standards, and we are committed to becoming the go-to Microsoft consultancy for business and digital transformation. We offer thought leadership, deep technical skills, and an optimal mix of process and tools to solve complex business challenges.
The role of Business Intelligence Principal Consultant at Bennett Adelson will be responsible the overall success of all BI projects, scoping engagements, creating the technical aspects of statements of work, managing a portfolio of concurrent engagements for various types of clients, and delighting our clients. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and hands-on leader who can rapidly learn the Bennett Adelson value proposition and apply to our enterprise-level clientele. This position plays a key role in both the pre and post-sales efforts, working closely with the sales team to scope project opportunities, as well as manage service delivery teams consisting of consultants, solution architects and solution engineers. The candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the sales team for discovery, scoping, planning and deployment of Bennett Adelson*s BI services to our clients.
Bennett Adelson has established aggressive, yet realistic growth objectives and we are looking for the best candidates to lead our high-performance service delivery teams. The expectation is for this position to evolve into a Practice Director role as we grow the practice and bring on additional consultants.
Responsibilities will include:
* Lead solution discussions focusing on Data Warehousing, IoT, BI, and AI technologies
* Develop new service offerings to align with industry trends around AI, and Blockchain
* Proactively engage with the sales team to drive customer conversations by coming up with creative solutions to business problems while demonstrating vertical industry expertise
* Ensure quality of deliverables for the team; standardize delivery methodology and templates
* Manage and deliver a set of your own projects while building and managing your team
* Manage practice*s professional services revenue, margin, resources and utilization
* Hire, grow and retain a consulting team wholly focused on our clients* success
* Performance planning, compensation and evaluation (PPC&E) for consulting team members
* Ensure alignment of consulting team skills to pipeline demand
* Support recruiting efforts by providing job descriptions, skills requirement and prioritization of needs to the recruiting manager
* Participate in recruiting process by conducting technical skills interview
* Work closely with the sales team to properly present, market and sell services
* Develop repeatable implementation methodology to efficiently deploy BI solutions for Bennett Adelson clients
* Utilize project/time tracking tools to properly manage a portfolio of concurrent projects to successful conclusion, as defined in the engagement statement of work
* Work closely with executive management to ensure that proper pre-implementation and post-implementation activities are accounted for and in compliance with the corporate policies
* Conduct periodic client health-checks and project reviews
* Survey clients to collect feedback and drive continuous improvement in our delivery capability
* Ensure quality and time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time tracking)
* Develop deployment best practices that can continually enhance the service delivery process
* Collaborate with Bennett Adelson partners (e.g. Microsoft) as well as assist in development of additional partners as appropriate
* 3 plus years of consulting experience with increasing responsibilities.
* 2+ years of Microsoft PowerBI implementation experience is required
* Experience with multiple implementation methodologies
* Experience in scoping, planning, developing service proposal and Statement of Work
* Experience in utilizing a professional services knowledge repository (with Microsoft collaboration tools)
* Demonstrated ability to work and interact with high-level client executives
* General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
* Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on leader
* Excellent project management skills, including project planning, resource management, issue tracking and budget management
* Ability to work hands-on to deliver consulting services around PowerBI planning, architecture, configuration and reporting.
* Multiple Business Intelligence platform experience
* Bachelor*s Degree in Business or related area required, MBA a plus
* Successful experience participating in the sale of design, architecture and development services (with Microsoft technologies)
Compensation & Benefits:
* Competitive base salary, incentive program, plus benefits package
* Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
* Manages resources in accordance with project schedule.
* Takes input from management and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
* Communicates and applies project standards.
* Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
* Understands the components of running a fiscally and technically successful project.
* Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
* Able to Identify and communicate critical issues.
* Creative thinker
* Communicates with internal and external clients and all levels of management.
* Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
* Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings, providing well defined agendas, tracking /managing action items and taking meeting notes.
* Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
* Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Team and Client Interaction
* Demonstrates team leadership and be an effective team player.
* Facilitates effective team interaction.
* Coaches team to maximize performance.
* Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- provided by Dice PowerBI / delivery / data warehousing / "Business Intelligence" Microsoft PowerBI