What we are looking for
Principal Consultants serve as subject - matter experts in the implementation and upgrade of the Charles River Inves...
What we are looking for
Principal Consultants serve as subject - matter experts in the implementation and upgrade of the Charles River Investment Management Solution (CRIMS). Their contributions include defining client requirements, configuring and tuning the solution to the client's business and technical needs, training clients, testing workflows and resolving issues before taking the client "live". Principal Consultants are expected to demonstrate basic understanding of the entire CRIMS offering and adva nced proficiency in at least one of the following areas: Compliance, Equity, Fixed Income, Investment Solutions, Technology, Wealth Management or Project Management. Principal Consultants should also have advanced consulting skills. This includes the abili ty to build effective working relationships, manage difficult situations and influence key decision - makers.
Why this job is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front - to - back platform - State Street Al pha, that was launched in 2019. Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
• Serve as subject - matter expert within CRI MS implementation and upgrade projects. Analyze and evaluate requirements while providing product expertise and guidance throughout the project. Ensure the solution meets the client's business needs and that the client is prepared to assume ownership and o perate the solution after go - live.
• Provide assistance to other members of the Professional Services team and pro - actively develop and share best practices.
• Analyze and evaluate client requirements in order to help Charles River respond to sales oppo rtunities. Contribute to sales presentations and proof - of - concept projects to demonstrate the potential of CRIMS to satisfy specific client needs.
• Educate clients on the functionality provided by CRIMS. Advise on best practices regarding the implementa tion and operation of Charles River solutions and services.
• Monitor and evaluate client requirements to identify potential enhancements to Charles River solutions and services. Document and communicate product improvements as part of client - specific im plementation projects or in response to trends in the marketplace.
• Contribute to software quality by clearly communicating defects to Technical Support and Product Management.
Support the defect resolution process by providing clear descriptions of defe cts and validating the resulting fixes. Identify errors and mistakes in documentation and suggest corrections and improvements.
What we value
Prin cipal Consultants are expected to be have specialist expertise in one of the following consulting practice ar eas: Compliance, Equity, Fixed Income, Investment Solutions, Technology, Wealth Management or Project Management.
• Experience supporting or implementing investment management solutions within a bank, hedge fund, asset manager or wealth management firm. Experience with order management and compliance solutions is especially valuable. • Advanced knowledge of fixed income or equity financial instruments. Experience with investment management or wealth management work flows. Solid understanding of derivati ves and FX instruments. • Basic command of SQL and understanding of relational databases. Familiarity with FIX or similar protocols is a plus. Familiarity with Crystal Reports or similar reporting packages is a plus. • A strong record of client service . Principal Consultants must understand client needs and build effective relationships. Must have the ability to work within a team environment and be focused on providing high - quality service to our clients. • Team player who shares knowledge and experi ence openly. Takes initiative to keep other team members informed by contributing to "Best Practices" library. Mentor less - experienced colleagues while leveraging the expertise of more - experienced colleagues. • Strong verbal and written communication ski lls including the ability to convey plans, issues and risks to clients and team members in a clear and concise manner. • Strong problem solving skills. Analytical thinker who can decompose complex issues into components and perform root cause analysis. S trong time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel. Education & Preferred Qualifications • Four (4) year degree in a business or technical field such as Finance, Mathematical Finance, Economics, Engineering, or Computer Science. An advanced degree or industry certification such as the CFA is a strong plus. • 8+ years of experience Additional Requirements • The ability to travel to client sites throughout the United States and Canada as well as the ability to work effectively when remote from clients.Travel of 30 - 50% is typical but may exceed that at any given year. About State Street What w e do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've bee n helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow. We make all effor ts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Progr am to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and persp ective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professiona l and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at