* 12+ years of progressive IT Leadership and Architectural experience with evidence of leading efforts to shape st...
- 12+ years of progressive IT Leadership and Architectural experience with evidence of leading efforts to shape strategic investment portfolios and to scope & architect major programs.
- Experience in standing up and developing an Enterprise Architecture discipline that can scale for a fast growing organization
- Strong experience working with Data technologies (Big Data, Hadoop, Spark, Data Science), Integration technologies (ESB, SOA, iPaaS, REST), Cloud infrastructure (PaaS, SaaS, Ms-Azure, AWS), Web technologies (J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, UI/UX), Microservices and Configurable rules-based business applications (Drool, JBoss, iLog) etc
- Working knowledge of EA tools, Enterprise Architecture frameworks & industry models (TOGAF, ITIL and BIAN)
- Experience in working with the business and IT in building strategies, frameworks, Standardize models and roadmaps
- Information security experience is a strong plus
- Willing to roll up the sleeves to be hands-on and ability to work independently
- Solid understanding of key program and project management and communications tools, such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
About the role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Math - Advanced degree a plus
- Experience working in insurance or life insurance space is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Relentless sense of urgency, strong intellectual horsepower, a thorough and insightful problem solver with a can-do attitude and demonstrated results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels including C-suite executives.
- Outstanding conceptual, analytical and strategic skills and a vigorous thought process
- A team player with the ability to sell change effectively and influence others
- Known reputation for integrity and ethics
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to travel as needed
Are you a person who has enabled business and IT leaders to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, disruptions, and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization? Are you a leader who has driven the organizations in using emerging technologies to integrate data-centric business universe in a cloud environment? Is agility and speed extremely important for you?
As a Principal Application Architect, you will work with the CTO to provide overall direction and guidance in the definition of an enterprise's current and future architecture . Responsibilities include developing strategies, roadmaps, principles, standards, and best practices that align with business objectives. You will be working on leading SaaS, PaaS and Cloud solutions with extensive focus on Microservices, API's, Web applications , big data analytics, AI, and Blockchain. You will be responsible for the overall coordination and governance across the various architectural disciplines. Often times you will roll up your sleeves to help and guide a team of smart engineers. You should have a proven record of accomplishment of grasping highly complex problems and turning them into actionable plans in a rapid timeframe. This role will work very closely with senior iptiQ leadership and other senior leaders across SwissRe enterprise. About the team
We are a fast growing business unit, established to deliver innovative protection solutions sold directly to consumers through wide distribution channels. Our team delivers the coordination, infrastructure and competencies that are key to driving forward this new business, working closely with our partners and clients.