IHS Markit is seeking a principal analyst to join its team of market analysts covering transformative technologies, including the ...
IHS Markit is seeking a principal analyst to join its team of market analysts covering transformative technologies, including the internet of things, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cloud services and network virtualization among others. As a Principal Analyst, you will provide data analysis and research support to our Directing Analysts in covering technology and market trends, with increasing responsibility for specific technologies and products. This position will focus on researching a wide range of technologies including connectivity, machine vision, and blockchain, in addition to those already listed. You will be working with a team of colleagues located across multiple locations in Europe, China and the US. The analyst will also be required to do occasional domestic and international travel for research and business development purposes.
* Conduct primary and secondary research on products, services, vendors, and service providers as they relate to transformative technologies
* Cultivate a deep understanding of the impact of transformative technologies across various a wide range of markets and industries
* Work closely with a broad range of internal teams to gain a close understanding of their research portfolio and agenda
* Develop relationships with product manufacturers, component vendors and service providers to facilitate primary research
* Support Directing Analysts in the creation of market size, market forecasts, and market analysis in a variety of telecom and data networking markets
* Write research notes providing regular written opinion for clients on hot topics in this space, including technology shifts, regional and vertical activity, key product announcements, M&As, and more
* Forge and maintain relationships with all players in the ecosystem, including equipment manufacturers, chip and component manufacturers, test and measurement providers, service providers, end-users, and investment analysts
* Speak at conferences and present key data findings to customers
* Forge and maintain relationships with the trade and business press, providing useful data and opinion in publications, raising awareness of our services and brand
* Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, engineering or industry-related fields required; graduate degree is a plus
* 8 years of work experience in the telecom/data networking market
* Telecommunications or IT industry work experience (manufacturer, service provider, analyst, and/or other related parts of the ecosystem)
* An understanding of telecom/data networking technologies, vendors, enterprises, service providers, products, services, and market and technology trends
* Experience analyzing public financial reports
* Experience with market segmentation and analysis; forecasting experience is a plus
* Experience conducting primary or secondary research using a variety of tools (phone surveys, web, and publicly available documents like financial and regulatory reports)
* Experience with tracking service provider financials and subscribers a plus
* Expert analytic, logic, and quantitative skills
* Proficiency with MS applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), including an understanding of Excel charts and pivot table creation and use; experience with databases is helpful
* Keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines on tight schedules
* Effective verbal and written English
* Flexibility, with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with coworkers around the world, and able to participate in group interactions with colleagues in a multitude of time zones
* Self-motivation and natural curiosity
* Affinity for working in a dynamic team
The position is located in Austin, Texas, Campbell California, London, China or remote.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday. SDL2017