At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities fo...
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings form a digital foundation that powers the apps, services and experiences that are transforming the world.
Since our founding over two decades ago, our 33,000+ employee community and ecosystem of 75,000 partners have been behind the technology innovations transforming entire industries - from banking, healthcare, and government to retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, and transportation.
Every day, we work to solve our customers' toughest challenges through disruptive technologies like edge computing, artificial intelligence, blockchain, machine learning, Kubernetes and more - to define the digital foundation that will accelerate the next wave of innovation.
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware's exciting Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) Team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry with consistency, and manage our customers' entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes. To learn more about Tanzu watch this video. #TeamTanzu
You have a strong passion for leading teams to deliver world-class customer outcomes. You have previous people management experience with proven ability to motivate and coach diverse teams to optimize performance. You have the ability to manage change effectively. You are a problem solver and the thought of collaborating with a team to help organizations transform to meet the challenges of tomorrow excites you. You are an expert negotiator, enjoy working with other people, and are motivated by creating "lightbulb" moments for the people you work with.
At VMware we believe that Kubernetes, and by extension Modern Applications, will transform the next generation of enterprise infrastructure and applications the way Virtualization and Java have in the past. Customers are looking to containers to avoid lock in with public clouds and the industry has aligned around Kubernetes as the orchestration engine
for these containers. The complete Tanzu portfolio consists of products and services that transform how enterprises build and operate modern applications on Kubernetes. The Platform Services team helps customers derive the value of Tanzu technology to deliver the benefits of container application platforms.
What You'll Be Doing:
* Work closely with account teams to support sales activities and recommend the use of VMware Pivotal Labs services for key clients
* Work to expand or extend existing engagements in partnership with VMware Pivotal Labs Sales colleagues.
* Be accountable for managing team and project health on client engagements
* Advise clients on the development of program-level practice strategies of our larger, transformational clients
* Advise and support client engagements on complex consulting or practice-based situations, occasionally being more hands-on to support engagements
* Support the business in staffing client engagements, making recommendations of staff, and discussing with those selected about upcoming engagements
* Sponsor client engagements, ensuring engagement success and customer satisfaction
* Collaborate with Program Managers and finance to ensure forecasts, project spend, and invoices are accurate for your projects
* Handle client escalations in a collaborative and empathetic way
* Billable up to 25%, but not part of the core team, not on the critical path of deliverables.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
* 3+ years of management experience with 5+ years of consulting experience or 8+ years of consulting experience with success in mentoring and leading project teams
* Ability to motivate, grow and lead consultants at various stages of their career across practices
* Excellent communication, active listening and organization skills
* Ability to balance a variety of tasks
* Comfort in holding team members accountable for achieving their goals
* Strong sense of self awareness, can relate well, learn quickly and adapt to changes while remaining calm under pressure
PREFERRED or HELPFUL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field or alternative education such as bootcamp graduate or relevant professional experience
* 5+ years of experience in a technical presales, support, or consulting role
* Knowledge of methodologies related to agile and DevOps
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
* Locations: Remote
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.