Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing ne...
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Software Platform Architect who is passionate about open source technologies and building cloud native application platforms at scale. The architect will have a deep understanding of how secure, scalable and robust enterprise SaaS applications are built. The Platform Architect will be an integral part of Bottomline's organization through leading and influencing decision makers on the best ways to use technology to the line of business and companies' advantage.
This position can be based out of an open location within the US, East Coast highly preferred
How You'll Contribute
What Will Make You Successful
- Contributes to development of software architectural standards and reference implementation models
- Provide guidance to BT IQ Platform development teams in leveraging the reference implementation model for BT IQ Platform
- Partner with cross-functional teams including but not limited to Product Management, Development, Quality Engineering, Cloud Engineering and Operations to design robust, resilient, secure, and scalable solutions
- Monitor quality of platform contributions by reviewing code, QoS metrics, approving pull requests
- Regularly review ongoing implementations for opportunities for improvement
- Review designs with an understanding the impact and application of regulatory and internal policies (e.g. FFIEC, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, PCI-DSS, HIPPA and SLAs)
- Contribute to technical project management
- Actively mentor and provide leadership to group of Software and Solution Architects
- Regularly participate, and when necessary, lead in architectural design at both the lowest levels within an application as well as high-level construct and integration points
- An extensive technical background in the IT industry with strong technical leadership/architecture background in PaaS/SaaS software development
- A strong background designing and delivering large-scale distributed systems
- Current experience applying new and emerging technologies such as, but not limited to: Data Mesh, Service Mesh, Blockchain, AI/Machine Learning and Quantum Computing
- Extensive experience working with open source technologies
- Expert understanding of security, reliability, scalability, high availability, and concurrency architectural patterns in solutions
- Expert in solution design across the full technology stack, including for public and hybrid cloud deployments.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Expert in patterns and solutions that enable evolutionary architectures, leveraging flexibility and creativity when balancing the present technologies with emerging ones when formulating new strategies.
- Extensive experience with at least one major IaaS and/or PaaS technology (OpenStack, AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, etc.)
- Has good knowledge of data enablement - ingestion, storage, wrangling with the requisite security constructs (encryption, keys, certs, tokens)
- Possess a mastery in the application of service-based, object-based, and component-based modeling
- Able to model the components of applications and infrastructure and identify and outline points of integration; understand the value and importance of data and data analytics
- Influential speaker and an expert in designing and delivering presentations; is able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple cultures
- BS or MS in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
You'll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers
and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud
, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.Start your #LifeAtBottomline