**Candidates requiring immediate or future visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position. This role is located...
**Candidates requiring immediate or future visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position. This role is located in Plano, Texas only. It is not open to telecommuting or remote arrangements.**
Bank of America is looking to grow its performance automation testing capabilities in Plano, TX. The Senior Performance Test Engineer will be working closely with the performance test leads, project teams, and application development leads to understand, collect and review the performance benchmarks and requirements. Develop, execute and maintain test scenarios and test scripts that exercise production-like scenarios to ensure that change is optimized for performance and free from performance defects in order to satisfy the customer experience. The Performance Test Engineer should be able to diagnose and troubleshoot performance related issues and be able to communicate the finding with the QA and Project leadership. Guide, mentor and train less experienced performance testers. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Performance testing of platforms, applications and products through pre-production environments * Ability to conduct reviews of performance results in non-prod environments * Proficient in utilization of Performance Engineering Tools and scripting. * Develop performance tests based on use cases * Execute tests, and participate in troubleshooting when issues are identified. * Provide analysis of performance testing results and provide insights into where optimization opportunities and application inefficiencies exist. * Perform pro-active performance review of production systems and provide feedback and recommendations to application teams to improve stability and performance proactively and on both a need basis
Required Skills ("Must" have these skills to be minimally qualified):
- 5-7+ Years strong experience in LoadRunner / Performance Center script creation, execution and troubleshooting
- Proven expertise in results analysis using tools such: Dynatrace, Splunk, Introscope, AppDynamics, HP Diagnostics, etc.
- Experience using with utilities such as WireShark/Ethereum, Fiddler, Shunra/HP Network Virtualization
- Experience with multiple Performance Center protocols (HTTP/HTML, TCP/IP, .NET, PTP, AJAX, SOAP, REST)
- Experience in optimization and tuning efforts
- Strong understanding of performance testing methodologies best practices
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting/triaging complex issues
- Experience in requirements reviews, risk assessment, and negotiating competing priorities in a high-velocity environment
- Demonstrated experience working closely with developers, DBAs, and system architects, etc. to achieve consensus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven work ethic
- Bachelors' Degree preferably in Computer Science.
Data science experience, specifically in the design and creation of large and sophisticated test data sets
Open source tools such as J-Meter
Prior experience working with a globally located team (off-site, off-shore)
Ability to mentor other junior performance resources
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week:
40 - provided by Dice