Due to the growth of Ripple, we are looking for a talented Payroll Specialist to assist in administering our Company's global payroll activi...
Due to the growth of Ripple, we are looking for a talented Payroll Specialist to assist in administering our Company's global payroll activities. This right individual will serve as a key liaison with human resources and be the primary contributor for our US payroll operations. They will also assist in our international payroll processing and setup of payroll for new jurisdictions as Ripple continues to grow. Reporting into the Senior Manager, Global Payroll, the Payroll Specialist will have significant involvement in addressing technical and international challenges.
What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Serve as primary processor for multi-state US exempt and non-exempt payroll, including processing accurate and timely semi-monthly and monthly payroll cycles, processing new hires and terminations, and processing manual checks.
- Assist the Payroll Analyst with the processing of international payroll for multiple international entities.
- Assist with Month-End/Quarter-End activities
- Generate and audit basic and simple reports as requested
- Provide a high level of customer service in responding to payroll related inquiries.
- Partner with Human Resources and other internal departments to obtain accurate payroll data for processing pay and benefits changes, employment verifications, and garnishments.
- Ensure payroll operations are conducted per the company's internal procedures and maintain appropriate documentation for payroll processes.
- Perform other payroll related duties, including ad hoc projects/data requests as needed
The ideal candidate will have prior experience processing payroll in a complex and dynamic environment and will be able to leverage prior US payroll experience to help create scalable processes. To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be organized and deadline driven, ensuring recurring assignments are handled on a timely basis while contributing to special projects and addressing unusual developments. Ripple's technology is new and cutting edge which leads to complexities in our compensation and reporting.
What We Offer
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow required
- Ability to manage workload in a SOX compliant environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate across departments and at all levels
- Knowledge of multi-state and Federal Labor laws, pay practices and policies
- Understanding of various employment tax and overtime rules, employee 401K match and 401K limits, incentive/bonus offerings, multi-state payroll, leave of absence pay integration, and termination processing
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to identify issues and propose solutions to complex or non-standard situations
- Strong work ethic and ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
Who We Are
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco's Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple enables payments everywhere, every way, for everyone using the power of blockchain and crypto. By joining Ripple's growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers' payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets. With offices in San Francisco, Washington D.C., New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavik and Dubai, Ripple has hundreds of customers around the world.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.