SVB Financial Group and its subsidiaries, including itsprincipal banking subsidiary, Silicon Valley Bank provides financial andbanking servi...
SVB Financial Group and its subsidiaries, including itsprincipal banking subsidiary, Silicon Valley Bank provides financial andbanking services to companies in technology-related, life science/healthcare,private equity/venture capital and premium wine industries. Along with commercial banking products andservices provided by Silicon Valley Bank, we offer investment advisory, assetmanagement and private wealth management services. We also offer non-banking products andservices, such as funds management, through our other subsidiaries anddivisions.
SVB is currently seeking candidates for the position ofCounsel. The attorney will join our Legal Team to support our payments anddigital channels business groups. This position is expected to be located atour office in San Francisco, CA (or other Bay Area office).
The successful candidate must have demonstrated experiencewith commercial and retail payment products and systems, including ACH and cardnetwork rules, and also have familiarity with FINTECH innovation and emergingdigital technologies. A solid understanding of laws and regulations impactingpayments and financial services, including third party risk management andfederal and state money transmission laws is also needed for this role.
The lawyer must be able to work effectively, both independently and aspart of a broader cross-functional team, in a fast-paced, changing andgeographically diverse environment.
* Providing legal and regulatory expertise on paymentproducts and services
* Conducting legal review and providing supportof online, mobile and other digital platforms that deliver financial services(including cryptocurrency, blockchain and ICOs)
* Supporting new product development andimplementation, including drafting and negotiating agreements for strategicpartnerships
* Providing clear and concise guidance tobusiness units, particularly on novel and complex legal issues
* Actively engaging with business units to helpidentify and assess risks and resolve issues
* Drafting legal documents and memos
* Proactively collaborating with stakeholdersacross the enterprise, including compliance, technology, risk, operations andother key partners
* Supporting other projects to support the legaldepartment as necessary
* 3-8 years' experience (either in-house or with a law firm)
* A minimum of 3 years' experience in payments
* Knowledge of regulations applicable to financial servicesand consumer protection
* Excellent judgment
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Hard working, well organized and able to manage numerousprojects simultaneously under deadline pressures
* Willingness to learn new legal subject matter areas asneeded
* Ability to seek creative, innovative solutions for complex businessmatters
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability anddesire to build relationships with others
* An inquisitive nature to help you learn about our businessand to help find solutions as we grow as a company
* J.D. from a top tier school and excellent academiccredentials