Do you want to be part of a movement to ensure that America delivers on its promise of equal opportunity for all, so that any entrepreneur, ...
Do you want to be part of a movement to ensure that America delivers on its promise of equal opportunity for all, so that any entrepreneur, no matter who they are, has the same chance to chase their business dreams?
Partnerships Development Representative
Remote / work from home (Note: there may be limited travel)
Salary: About the job
Hourly + commission
This company is a tech nonprofit with a mission to become the world's leading business mentoring platform for underrepresented young adult entrepreneurs, providing one-on-one support from their peers & volunteer professionals, as well as training & funding. Our tech nonprofit built a digital platform to make great mentor-mentee matches so that our entrepreneurs get the right support, from the right people, at the right stage in their entrepreneurial journey. By partnering with Skysthelimit. org, we help organizations achieve their corporate social responsibility impact and diversity and inclusion objectives through a meaningful, digital, team- and skills-based volunteering opportunity. We have engaged thousands of professionals from our corporate partners in virtual, skills-based volunteering roles with our entrepreneurs. We've helped our entrepreneurs create hundreds of businesses and jobs, and generate millions in revenue.
Our digital mentoring model was relevant prior to COVID-19, but the recession, unemployment, and the greatest social awakening since the Civil Rights movement have brought sharply into focus our immediate need to inspire and support diverse young business owners, who are disproportionately impacted by the pandemic and systemic racism. Who we serve and how through our virtual service delivery model makes our work more important than ever.
We are hiring a Partnerships Development Representative who will work closely with our Chief Operating Officer and Partnerships team to prospect and cultivate new partnership opportunities. You will learn how to find and engage and cultivate high level executives at corporations. This is an entry level position, but with room to grow. Our vision for this role is for you to learn how to successfully cultivate, negotiate, and steward new partnerships. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new partnerships.
Originate new funders, primarily through business/corporate partnerships, with a minimum goal of at least $50k/year in net new funding.
- Prospect new potential partners
. Research, identify, and gather contact information for prospects. Use existing customer personas and evidence from your conversations from prospects to find the right people at the right organizations. Use internet research to find ways to contact these prospects, including their emails, phone numbers, and social accounts. We don t rely on marketing to drive leads, nor do we purchase lists. A high volume of outbound activity will be necessary to meet your goals.
- Cultivate these leads
. Conduct high-level conversations with prospective business to: 1.) discover fit and capacity; 2.) determine which of our organization s value proposition; 3.) book additional meetings to progress partnership development with the rest of the Partnerships team.
- Document and record:
Accurately record customer interactions and information in Salesforce.
- Gather insights:
Identify the needs and challenges of our prospects and partners, how we deliver compelling value, and how that value changes as new features get added or the platform otherwise evolves.
A SUCCESSFUL PERSON IN THIS ROLE:
- A deep understanding of our partners and their varying needs, motivations, desires, etc.
- Self-directed, disciplined, able to work on your own in a remote working environment, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced changing environment (required)
- Experience being held to metrics (required)
- Willingness and ability to work under pressure (required)
- Previous experience working remotely (highly desired)
- Experience working in a small business or startup environment (desired)
- Experience being a mentor/mentored (desired)
- Experience with community building and organizing (desired)
Benefits and compensation include:
- Meets or exceeds goals
- Deeply understands what Skysthelimit.org is trying to do
- Loves driving the creation of relationships and building mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Brings a high level of energy and enthusiasm -- grounded in our mission -- to their work with our community
- Communicates persuasively by speaking like a peer to business leaders irrespective of medium (e.g., written communications, phone, etc.), quickly establishing rapport and STL s volunteer value proposition
- Approaches every day with relentlessness and can view challenges as accelerated learning opportunities for personal and professional development
- Growth oriented, ambitious and eager to achieve excellence and mastery of the role
- Coachable and eager to receive and implement feedback
- Confident, able to differentiate yourself and build meaningful business relationships with customers, prospects and our team
- Committed to building the foundation of a successful career
About the organization
- Work with leading companies across the globe as part of an innovative, fast-paced tech nonprofit
- See and live the impact of your work with underrepresented entrepreneurs and volunteers
- Flexible, remote work hours as an independent contractor
- Potential to become an employee with benefits, and grow with the organization
We are backed primarily by Accenture (NYSE: ACN) through a multi-million, multi-year grant and have received funding from leading companies such as: Goldman Sachs, eBay, CVC Capital, PNC Bank, Wells Fargo, US Bank, and others. We ve got a completely remote team of 15 developers and five on the fundraising, marketing, and program teams across three states and three countries. Our board of directors includes:
- Nicolas Cary, Co-founder and Chairman at Blockchain.com
- John Downie, Partner at Accenture
- Fabio Rosati, former CEO at Upwork (Nasdaq: UPWK)
- Rick Wade, VP of Strategic Alliances at US Chamber of Commerce
- Clif Marriott, Partner and co-head of TMT at Goldman Sachs
- Tracey Brophy Warson, Chair of Citi Private Bank (ret.)
Our 501(c)(3) nonprofit provides direct mentoring services to underrepresented young adult entrepreneurs in the US and abroad via our digital platform and program.
The goal of our direct service model is to help underrepresented young adult entrepreneurs to achieve their own goals for their businesses - resulting in new companies, new jobs, and new products & services that strengthen our local economies across the nation and eventually the globe. And the key to our platform and program is developing our entrepreneurs social capital through meaningful, one-on-one support. On our own instance of the platform, we have a diverse community of young entrepreneurs: 90% ages 18 to 29, 95% across the US in all 50 states, 70% female, 80% people of color, and the majority are low-income when they join our program. They are building businesses across many industries: clothing, food, beauty, the trades, and a large variety of services businesses. We primarily help entrepreneurs build tech-enabled small businesses, although we do have freelancers and some high growth startups too.