Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing...
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Our partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission to life and it's the Global Partner Solutions (GPS) organization that will drive the transformation of this ecosystem to accelerate cloud growth for all partners and Microsoft.
Partner Technology Strategist (PTS):
The PTS is at the forefront of our digital transformation efforts for our partners. The PTS plays a critical role in working with partners to align their technology roadmaps with Microsoft's technology priorities, to enable working with them to build new solutions that enable customers to realize the vision of Digital Transformation. The PTS is a trusted Technical Advisor to Partners C-Suite technical and practice management executives sharing a compelling technical vision leading to Partners committing to building new practices based on Microsoft's technologies. PTSs align partners technology roadmaps with Microsoft's technology priorities and ensure the partner is enabled to bring new solutions to market that drive significant growth in partner and Microsoft revenues.
The PTS is a strategist yet stands out because of their Insights and ability to envision possibilities, Thought Leadership, Big Ideas, helps identify new market opportunities for partners on advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Open Source, Blockchain, Security & Compliance, Power Platform, Dynamics365 applications, GDPR and IOT that drives consumption for Microsoft Cloud Platforms (Azure, Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365).
The PTS role is a unique opportunity to shape and support the technical direction of the world's largest strategic Global ISV software partner ecosystem across Industry Verticals and Solution Areas in the Cloud. You will have the opportunity to drive one of the fastest growing businesses at Microsoft that is at the leading edge of the shift to cloud services and digital transformation and shape the world's largest partner ecosystem within specified industries.
The PTS works in partnership with the Partner Development Manager (PDM) through the Build-With' stages of the ISV Life-cycle engagement, as well as with other PTSs and Architects in the broader org to provide specialized technology skills that are needed when it comes to Industry and Solution Area-specific use cases with ISVs.
Microsoft welcomes and embraces your individuality! The ideal candidate for the Global ISVs PTS role can come in many forms. This individual is passionate about Cloud insights, innovation and technology as well as one who possesses a strong subset or combination of the requirements listed below.
We embrace flexible working as a core principle of reinventing productivity, and you'll have flexibility to work from different locations, such as your home office, Microsoft offices around the country, or customer sites.
Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging Cloud trends and their impact on customer opportunities.
* 5+ years of related working experience with ISVs in technology solutions/practice development, Cloud/Infrastructure technologies required. Knowledge of MS platforms preferable, project management, technical Sales and technical account management. Strong Technical knowledge at least two of the three Microsoft Cloud Platforms preferred (Azure, M365, D365) and ability to articulate the value proposition of Microsoft Cloud services to partners.
* Strong understanding of industry plays, trends and how technology can address some of the industry challenges with proof of 5+ year working record and cloud adoption.
* Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with CXOs and building cloud consumption share in Software vendors.
* Experience in building new practices and solution offerings on a public cloud.
* Extensive experience of leading virtual teams across functions and geographies and companies
* Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment.
* Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills.
* Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small technical audiences.
* Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
* Envision what's possible
* Technical BS degree, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Building own Market Acumen: Understands market trends, market opportunities, compliance by reading, attending webinars, conferences delivered by Industry thought leaders such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC
* Strategic Technology Advisor: Joins the Strategic Technology Advisory/Planning groups of partners, contributing with insights that influence the technology roadmaps and investments towards Microsoft and away from key competitors
* Strategic Alignment: Identifies and consults on the strategic alignment of partners towards Microsoft's technology priorities and their technical readiness to address solution gaps as part of Industry solution mapping and capacity planning
* Envisioning: Presents in Digital Transformation/Envisioning Workshops targeting Partner CIO/CTO's envisioning solutions to capitalize on identified market opportunities
* Technical Readiness: Works with the Go-To-Market(GTM) team to invest in key Partners' Technical Readiness workshops executed by Partner Enablement roles in the GTM team
* Technology Roadmap: With the help of cross-team technical resources including Architects and Industry specialists defines the technology roadmap for new Partner solutions, seeking Technical commitment and investment from Partner CTOs, CIOs, Product and Practice managers to invest in the solution as well as Microsoft Product Groups
* Building Partnerships: Envisions the important interdependencies of 3rd party solutions, services and equipment, as well as Partner-to-Partner motions for better together strategies among different partners and partner types
* Enablement Planning: Accountable for building the technical enablement plan for partners leveraging the Global Partner Services (GPS) Services Framework including On-boarding, up/cross skilling, Bootcamps,trainings and meeting certification requirements
* Enablement Delivery: Seeking the help of internal Technical Architects, Industry specialists and Engineering teams for the delivery of workshops, Bootcamps, trainings necessary to build the technical skills and expertise of partners
* Customer Engagements: Oversees the success of Proof of Concepts, Architecture Design Sessions, Hackfests by coordinating Technical Architects to lead the execution, responsible for customer engagement in these activities
* Launch Orchestration: Leads cross-technology team orchestration through the first mile, first 1-3 deals, to ensure partners are ready. Sees partners in action, giving feedback about ways to develop their skills, practices and methods
* Technical Contributions, Events and Community Contribution: Attends Digital Transformation/Technology conferences such as Microsoft Build. Participates in technical panels and user groups, provides insights, and contributes to work that is shared across communities such as Engineering feedback, MSDN and Microsoft Channel9