DiverseGOV a division of Diverse Staffing / Diverse Tech Services is currently seeking a Cyber Paralegal for a Government position on our Di...
DiverseGOV a division of Diverse Staffing / Diverse Tech Services is currently seeking a Cyber Paralegal for a Government position on our Diverse Staffing / Diverse Tech Services team. The Cyber Paralegal hired by us, will work at the U.S. Attorney's Office, at U.S. Attorney's Office, 970 Broad Street, Newark NJ 07102.
The pay rate is between $35.39 and $52.00 (for those who meet every requirement), and it is dependent upon experience and skill set. Please indicate your wage requirement when applying.
Work hours are 9:00a.m. to 5:30p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays and Office closures. During the COVID-19 pandemic, some work may be performed remotely, at the sole discretion of the U.S. Attorney's Office. This position will require an extensive federal background check and credit check that could take up to 8 weeks.
Diverse Staffing / Diverse Tech Services delivers award-winning staffing and recruitment solutions to our federal, state, and local government partners. Our government customers, and our prime contractors rely on us to provide talent with fresh ideas and empowered minds - individuals with a bright future, just like you! Our employees enjoy great benefits like paid holidays, paid sick leave, paid vacation and medical insurance!
It's time to join a winning team. For immediate consideration, apply online and contact us for an interview at: # 165645
The ideal candidate has paralegal experience and had some interest or background in cyber. That could be an undergraduate degree in information technology, proficiency in a computer coding language, prior work at a fintech company, or a prior career in IT security/systems.
The Diverse Staffing / Diverse Tech Services Cyber Paralegal at this client location performs the following responsibilities:
- Examines, prepares, and processes a variety of technical legal and other documents.
- Reviews incoming material and organizes materials according to custodian and category.
- Performs organization, document management, assembly and preparation of documents and data sets.
- Assists in preparing a variety of legal documents in conformance with style rules.
- Obtains needed information from files, law enforcement agencies, or other sources.
- Assists with interviews to assist the AUSA in preparation for charging or trial.
- Reviews, summarizes and outlines grand jury and/or trial testimony.
- Researches, analyzes and summarizes relevant legal precedents; and prepares digests of points of law involved; analyzes appellate records to isolate pertinent facts
- Utilizes a variety of automated legal research tools / public information databases
- Participates in electronic discovery and other assigned areas of criminal proceedings.
- Reviews documents and other materials produced pursuant to subpoena, maintains inventory of materials, reviews and summarizes documents and prepares outline of substance of documents/materials produced pursuant to subpoena.
- Provides litigative case management and organizes cases for presentation by preparing and organizing exhibits containing a variety of visual material.
- Notes deficiencies in case materials and requests further investigation, or personally conducts limited investigations at the pre-trial stage.
- Monitors the progress of pending cases and initiates action to ensure that legal pleadings, forms, reports, correspondence, etc. are prepared / submitted within deadlines.
- Compiles, organizes and indexes various discovery and evidence exhibits for trial.
- Develops and compiles jury instructions to assist AUSA in preparing for trial.
- Performs docketing duties.
- Maintains calendar of assigned active cases.
- Tracks filing, hearing, and trial dates, and schedules conferences and interviews.
- Develops and maintains suspense system for ongoing cases and informs AUSAs of deadlines.
- Arranges travel and prepares travel authorizations and vouchers for signature.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- US Citizen who has lived in the U.S. three out of the last five years
- Ability to pass an in-depth criminal background check
- Ability to pass an in-depth credit report (no delinquencies, collections or recent bankruptcies)
- Experience handling and processing digital hardware, such as cellphones or hard drives, to identify evidence of computer hacking and other computer related crimes.
- Familiarity with methods of digital file storage and transfer.
- Ability to use MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Experience viewing, accessing and searching open-source materials and a working knowledge of current and developing social media tools and applications, internet technologies, anonymization tools, and hacking tactics.
- Prior experience, training, education, or knowledge in forensics, computer science, cryptocurrency and/or information technology, or even a working familiarity with and eagerness to learn about modern digital technology.
- Alternatively, or in addition to the foregoing, prior experience, training, education, or knowledge with or in the areas of finance, economics and/or accounting will be highly useful. More specifically, experience in financial fraud investigations, cryptocurrency compliance and anti-money laundering may be beneficial.
- Ideally, experience reviewing documents and working in Eclipse, Relativity, and/or Casemap.
- Applicants who are fluent in Russian and who are capable of translating documents from Russian to English will be given special consideration.
- 11 paid holidays
- Insurance offered
- Up to 56 hours of accrued sick leave
- 80 hours of paid vacation after one year
DiverseGOV / Diverse Staffing / Diverse Tech Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer : All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. Diverse Staffing / Diverse Tech Services is dedicated to helping veterans re-enter the civilian workforce.