OptumRx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 28,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordabili...
OptumRx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 28,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. At OptumRx, we're committed to ensuring everyone has affordable access to needed prescription medications. Every individual has unique health needs and challenges - including millions of uninsured, currently furloughed people as a result of COVID-19 and seasonal workers who may have the need for an off-benefit solution. Working with a variety of clients, we are now involved in providing support for pharmacy / prescription discount drug programs that are a direct-to-consumer service. We work to offer competitive prices to help save consumers money whether they have insurance or not. Our team negotiates discounted medication prices through bulk buying; we gather current prices and discounts to help consumers find the lowest cost pharmacy solutions for their prescriptions. This is a place like no other and where you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Pricing Modeler, you will play a key role in helping make healthcare more affordable for consumers. You will be involved in price modeling of prescription drugs for a variety of our clients. In addition to being a solid data analyst working with big data (proficient in SQL, Python, SAS, and/or R), you'll also be involved in preparing recommendations and presentations to senior leaders. We're looking for someone who can get things done in our fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. If you have experience working with big data, if you have solid communication skills and a solid business presence, and if you are looking to make a difference… we want to hear from you! You'll be joining a team of smart, dedicated individuals who believe in our mission. Ideal candidates will be located at our offices in Schaumburg or Minneapolis, but we will consider a work-from-home (telecommuting) role for a stellar candidate.
You will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for day-to-day analytical support for network pricing associated with Cash Card Business model (discount drug programs)
- Monitor current market conditions, evaluate the competitive position of OptumRx's products on the market and make recommendations on pricing
- Consults with internal and external clients to present findings, ideas, and provide thought leadership around analytic insights and opportunities
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Job Requirements:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree, ideally in information systems, computer science, applied mathematics, mathematics, statistics, data science engineering, Healthcare Analytics, Economics, Public Health, Biostatistics, Business or a related field
- Experience analyzing big data using tools like SQL, Python, SAS, R, or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others; ability to present to business leaders; must be able to develop content with limited information
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's US Telecommuting Policy
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Domo, or similar
- Demonstrated ability to work well and collaboratively, with multiple teams or departments for business growth or profitability goals
- Solid interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: PBM, OptumRx, pharmacy, pharmaceutical, prescription, Medicare Part D, improvement, process, relations, value, consult*, SQL, SAS, R, Python, Artificial Intelligence, AI, Natural Language Processing, NLP, Blockchain, strategic, analytic*, healthcare, telecommute, remote, work from home