MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connect...
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
The Securities Settlements Technology team maintains and develops the suite of applications supporting the global securities clearance & settlement process.
These applications sit in the broader context of the overall securities trade processing architecture and as such represent an ideal vantage point from which to understand the entire flow in context, from middle office trade processing, asset servicing, funding, & client assets through to the way in which postings downstream influence the books and records of the firm.
The core application, Corona, is a 100% in-house, modern Java-based application with high scalability & throughput, handling millions of transactions daily.
There is close collaboration across the global team in Jersey City, Tokyo, London & Bengaluru both in terms of day-to-day issues & longer-term projects.
Project opportunities are not limited to internal business initiatives, Technical uplift, but also industry initiatives that regional regulatory bodies replacing their systems. Those initiatives may be expected as the opportunities to work on latest Technology such as blockchain.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Translate business and technical requirements into well-engineered business applications based on object oriented design.
• Interface with internal clients/end users and other development teams
• Participate in the full SDLC for software written with Java, SQL, RESTful web services, RMI, JMS messaging and web UIs.
• Stay up-to-date on industry driven changes and design globally consistent solutions that meet local requirements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Over 5 years of experience with object oriented programming in Java, SQL
• Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis with strong communication skills.
• Experience in test driven development.
• Strong ownership and teamwork to deliver solution and resolve issues to meet business requirement with strict timelines.
• Project management skill to define tasks and plan development work against project timeline.
• Experience with JMS (messaging), AngularJS, Unix shell scripting is a plus.
• Experience with platforms within GS is a plus.
• Language skills in Japanese and/or Cantonese is a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Operations Engineering - Operations Engineering Mgmt - Securities Settlements Tokyo - Senior Developer