Freddie Mac's Single-Family Business innovation lab (iLab) is excited to share a great opportunity on our growing team. We are seeking an en...
Freddie Mac's Single-Family Business innovation lab (iLab) is excited to share a great opportunity on our growing team. We are seeking an enthusiastic employee that is energized by the thought of engaging with both internal and external partners and by being a member of a diverse and vibrant innovation team. The iLab consists of a) New Concept Incubation; b) Emerging Technology platform (sandbox); c) Emerging Capability scouting and d) Open innovation management. The team is on the forefront of scouting new emerging technology and capabilities (e.g., distributed ledger technology usage) to address business needs and opportunities. We are seeking a talented self-starter to support our open innovation efforts.
The Open Innovation Management, Senior role has three primary core functional areas:
iLab Intake Process
* Assist with the IdeaHub intake process, understand nature of requests and demand
* Actively engage with team on preparing crowdsourcing business challenges and always on open ideation efforts
* Manage innovation management system platform as an administrator role
* Report out on platform usage and trends
* Partner closely with iLab peers
Partnership & Alliance
* Assist in building the iLab's partnership & alliance coalition fostering an environment of open sharing of ideas and practices and identifying opportunities where to co-create with partners to achieve business results
* Manage communities of practice (e.g., blockchain community) at Freddie Mac through use of lunch and learn series and targeted business challenge sessions
Innovation Management Mindset
Supports the iLab in building an innovation mindset through training and application of skills such as Design Thinking, Lean Start Up and Design Sprints.
* Typically has 5-7 years of experience, with 2-3 years of related experience in an innovation lab environment
* College degree or equivalent
* High emotional intelligence quotient
* Attention to detail
* Advanced level of experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
* Strong presentation skills
Keys to Success in this role:
* Ability to navigate in a changing environment
* Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills
* Excellent presentation skills, in particular as it relates to conveying complex topics simply
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess:
* Partnership- we place trust, respect and honesty at the forefront of our relationships and encourage everyone to speak up and be heard
* Execution- we are proactive, anticipating obstacles and challenges, and manage our work and our team to deliver real results
* Accountability & Integrity- We reliably deliver on our commitments and always demonstrate high ethical standards
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.