News Associates cover breaking news and enterprise for CNBC.com's website and app. They respond quickly to news as it brea...
News Associates cover breaking news and enterprise for CNBC.com's website and app. They respond quickly to news as it breaks, working under direction from news editors and coordinating with the newsroom at large to make sure CNBC's coverage is accurate, fast and informative.
This is a full-time position on-site in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
* Write in-depth news analysis and breaking news on a range of personal finance-focused topics
* Stay ahead of personal finance trends (i.e. retirement, health care, student loans, social security, cryptocurrency)
* A Bachelor's degree (or comparable experience) and working knowledge of financial and/or business news content.
* At least 1 year of experience reporting in a digital newsroom
* Strong knowledge of the internet and newsroom systems including iNews.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work independently.
* Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ?perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more!
* Candidates should be accurate, fast and cool under pressure
* An interest in business and finance journalism is key, as is experience in writing breaking news
* An obsession with AP style and light photo-editing skills help, too.
* Willingness to learn new technologies.
* Ideal candidates will be highly organized and accurate by nature.
* Wall Street/financial background is also a plus SDL2017